PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
RBD Supply Chain staff (Logistics, Procurement & Food safety) use their expertise, and all means at their disposal to ensure that vast quantities of food and other essential items are available and that they reach those who need them mostly. Supply Chain Officers report to Senior Supply Chain Officer, who head the Supply Chain Unit. At this grade level, Supply Chain Officers demonstrate adaptive capacities in effective supply chain management and make significant independent contributions to the planning and development of operating policies and procedures. They are expected to manage and complete projects or assignments of a major nature achieving effective outputs.
This call for the roster – Supply Chain Officer (CBT Markets & Retail) – Consultant is published to attain two objectives:
(i) create a pipeline of talent to facilitate a quick selection and deployment of CBT Markets & Retail experts in any of the countries that fall under the WFP Regional Bureau of West Africa on a need basis and;
(ii) to give an opportunity to CBT Markets & Retail experts to express interest in being part of this roster to meet the first objective.
This announcement is not related to any current open position. However, all applications received will be reviewed and will be subject to a selection process to assess the relevant professional experience and qualifications of the candidates.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSABILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Supply Chain the CBT Markets & Retail consultant will have the unique opportunity to influence WFP’s work in the region and to ensure that, by working in innovative ways, WFP delivers real results for the millions of people in the region who face food insecurity. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Provide specialist advice to conduct analysis of supply chain operations in local markets. To design, plan and implement Supply Chain Cash Based Transfers (CBT) & Market interventions that are effective, and benefit targeted population by improving market functionality.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional counterparts, especially the internal Cash Working Group (CWG) to align CBT initiatives and ensure that Supply Chain activities are included to increase programme efficiency. •
- Coordinate the development and implementation of supply chain plans for CBT and Market Development activities, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy, global CBT strategy, and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- In partnership with the Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping (VAM) team, planned and led on implementation of market assessments to contribute to CBT feasibility analysis.
- support in-depth market analysis and supply chain network mapping to improve supply chain performance and plan market development activities.
- Lead the implementation process of the procurement of retailers, performing the pass/fail procurement process using corporate tools, and formal procurement process where applicable.
- Lead the implementation process of the procurement of Financial Service Providers (FSPs), ensure ongoing performance monitoring of activities are conducted and determine performance improvement or contract actions as applicable/required.
- Plan and managed implementation of Market Development Activities such as setting up Buying Clubs, Preferred Wholesalers, or activities that improve market functionality by addressing supply chain inefficiencies in local markets.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of retailers and Market Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by analysing reports from various data sources (Retailer Performance Monitoring Evaluation (RPME), VAM market price data, market situational monitoring and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) or Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) reports, Point of Sale (POS) information).
- Manage accurate and timely reporting including provision of substantial analysis of supply chain CBT & Markets activities and trends to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Build productive partnerships and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain and Programme functions within WFP, especially Food Systems, Country Capacity Strengthening and Social Protection to ensure an integrated value chain approach to food assistance and cross functional operational alignment.
- Facilitate in Identifying and building productive partnerships with counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge and resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-effective supply chain CBT & Markets operations.
- Participate in capacity building activities of internal WFP staff to deliver and execute on Supply Chain CBT & Markets activities through delivery of training or coaching. • Supported capacity of external partners (including retailers and local market actors) to take a strategic and proactive approach to improving retail operations or supply chain operations through provision of training and conduct capacity strengthening activities to support government authority’s development of social protection programmes.
- Manage, motivated, and developed a team providing coaching, training and career guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance. • Contributed to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance to monitor the management of Supply Chain CBT & Markets risks.
- Lead as a focal point for procurement cross functional Cash Based transfer oversight missions
- Collaborate with CBT functional units to coordinate effective relationships with Financial Service Providers to ensure quality services is rendered to people we serve
- Others as required
- Timely development and implementation of Supply Chain Cash Based Transfers (CBT) & Market plans
- Implementation process of the procurement of retailers, performing the pass/fail procurement process using corporate tools, and formal procurement process where applicable.
- Timely reporting including provision of substantial analysis of supply chain CBT & Markets activities and trends to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Timely submission of records and documentation of the procurement actions are timely and duly updated in the system for audit queries and other operation needs.
- Successful expertise guidance to Country Officers, WFP staff and external partners and governments, building capacity to take a strategic and proactive approach to the selection of financial services provider and retailers
- Advanced university degree (recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php) in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or first university degree with additional years of relevant professional level experience. Professional certifications in Supply Chain would be an asset.
Should you not find your university degree in this link kindly note that it will be your responsibility to obtain a formal letter from your Ministry of Education stating their recognition of the university and degree.
At Five (5) to ten (10) years i.e., Level II, of relevant progressively responsible professional experience in the field of Procurement management in financial services
The following specific experiences are targeted:
- Cash Based Transfer, Markets, and retail
- Contracting of retailer and financial service providers
- Implementation of Retail Performance monitoring Evaluation tool
- Demonstrated experience of successful handling of complex and high value of procurement in local and/or international environment, Proven experience in emergency operations
- Direct Experience communicating and coordinating with UN Agencies, large international conglomerates
- Experience working with suppliers/vendors (including but not limited to Financial Service providers, retailers, wholesalers, and traders) and engaging them in strategic business partnership with WFP operation in the country,
Fluency (level C in reading, writing and speaking) in English and French.
Deadline for application: 31 March 2023
How to apply
To apply please click the link below.
or go to our careers page
WFP Value Proposition
- Meaningful and impactful careers – Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Continuous learning and training – We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers.
- Multicultural and stimulating working environment – We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- MOZAMBIQUE – SHELTER PM (M/F) – Mueda at Solidarités International
- CCCM (Camp Coordination Camp Management) Assistant – Afgoye & Hudur at ACTED
- Senior CCCM Officer (Roving) at ACTED
- CCCM – Senior Accountability Officer (Roving) Mogadishu, Somalia. at ACTED
- SENIOR CCCM (Camp Coordination Camp Management) OFFICER – BAIDOA at ACTED