Overall Purpose of the role
The CCCM/ Site Management Officer is responsible for district level coordination, IDP hosting site management, local stakeholder capacity building, information management, and assisting other DRC field teams with project implementation. This is a field-based position and may require spending extended periods of time in the field.
- Establish and train representative and inclusive community-based site management committees at sites
- Support site planning in order to ensure that IDP site residents are able to live in dignified conditions
- Monitor sites to identify needs, new arrivals, gaps in service provision [service mapping], and duplication of efforts at IDP sites
- Plan, support, and organize social cohesion building activities at IDP sites
- Support other teams in conducting multi-sectorial assessments of IDP needs
- Support in establishing and training representative and inclusive community committees at sites
- Ensure CCCM programming is community-led and incorporates genuine community feedback and engagement throughout the project cycle
- Weekly monitoring of sites to identify needs, gaps in service provision, and duplication of efforts at IDP sites. Ensure regular service mappings for all sites is completed by CCCM field staff
- Oversee the implementation of the Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) by the CCCM team in sites
- Participate in multi-sectorial assessments of IDP needs with other DRC teams
- Work closely with the Wash and Infrastructure and Protection team to provide inputs into the development of site plans
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CCCM Team Leader in order to advance DRC’s interventions
- Ensure that referral pathways are functional across DRC managed sites/areas
- Jointly with the protection team take lead to initiate safety audit across the IDP sites
- Support in conducting intention surveys and headcounts as applicable.
Site Management Coordination and Representation:
- Represent DRC with communities, local authorities, site partners, and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members
- Foster collaborative relationships with local authorities to facilitate implementation of activities
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, such as local authorities, Clusters, NGOs, INGOs, UN and IDPs, including translation of meeting proceedings and provision of meeting minutes
Community participation and representation:
- Establish, support and aid in the design of site management committees, recognizing influence of ‘Camp Leaders’ in Somali context
- Support representative committees and community groups, ensuring Inclusion is main factor in composition and any community-based targeting
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalized groups in camp governance mechanisms and CCCM Activities
- Establish, maintain, and actively utilize networks of key informants at IDP sites
- Ensure the timely registration of new IDPs, including identification of protection related needs
- Support in the drafting of weekly situation reports and provide other relevant information on site conditions and services
- Provide, document, and track timely referrals and service requests to key partners
- Update public information boards with site management and partner information. Ensure that the information on the boards are accessible to everybody, include non-literate populations.
Experience, Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Previous experience working of INGO/UN agency and in an emergency setting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar job or related Job
- Degree in Social work, political sciences, engineering, urban planning or relevant discipline
- Good computer skills specially in Ms
- Knowledge of MS Access desirable.
Fluency in written and spoken Somali & English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 Months
Band: This position is graded as Band H-Non-Management for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
Designation of Duty Station: Galkayo
Start date: January 2023
Reporting to: CCCM Team Leader
The position is open to Nationals ONLY
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
How to apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English via https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=166505&DepartmentId=19011&MediaId=5
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18th December 2022.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Country Director, Nigeria at GiveDirectly
- Knowledge Management and Communications Manager (Maternity Cover) at Jhpiego Nigeria
- Country Director at GiveDirectly
- Field Assistant (Plateau) at Malaria Consortium
- Field Assistant (Nasarawa) at Malaria Consortium