CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Civil Military Cordination roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6 month deployments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years significant experience as a CMCoord Officer, knowledge of the context and actors.
- Experience working with military counterparts in an operational environment;
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines;
- Ability to combine desk research with field missions;
- Analytical and writing skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and good networking skills.
- Advise the military forces and other armed actors in their geographical area of responsibility on mandates and roles of humanitarian actors and response mechanisms in place. Prepare or provide input for requests for military assets and support logistics and operations personnel in their geographical area of responsibility on all issues requiring civil-military cooperation and communication.
- Provide situation reports and other written contributions on overall civil-military coordination and humanitarian access in agreed formats and timeframes.
- Identify UN-CMCoord training needs of both humanitarian actors and national and international military forces and conduct training events as required.
Languages: Fluency English any additional UN language is an asset
How to apply
If you have the above-mentioned skills, please make sure you are registered with CANADEM before contacting us. Registration is available on our website at https://www.canadem.ca/register-with-canadem.
After registering, please click HERE to apply.