Capacity Building Manager – Anticipated Award
The Capacity Building Manager would play a leadership and oversight role of program training and capacity building activities and would report directly to the lead staff member of RefuSHE’s community outreach programming. S/he would oversee the work of 2-3 program staff members. His / her responsibilities would be split between training development and coordination and ensuring the seamless management of partner activities. S/he would be the lead coordination role of the training activities of RefuSHE and its two subgrantees on the program, should it be awarded. We are looking for a candidate with 8 or more years of experience leading training and capacity building activities among community-based organizations and/or individuals, demonstrated capacity to work across departments and organizations, and strong capacity to manage and adhere to a program work plan. S/he should possess a strong initiative and problem-solving skills, high energy, and flexibility.
- Oversee program training activities, including developing and modifying training activity schedules, ensuring coordination among all partner and staff on training activities, alerting management to major adjustments to training calendar, and problem-solving to ensure all training activities take place in a timely manner.
- Oversee training activities among subgrantees and ensure compliance with program workplan.
- Work with technical experts in GBV and child protection to develop training manuals and ensure the institutionalization of technical knowledge for RefuSHE, CBOs, and community committees.
- Oversee and evaluate the work of technical training specialists in child protection and GBV.
- Meet weekly with program leadership to keep them apprised of program activity scheduling, challenges, changes, and other areas as they arise, as well as notify them of upcoming program needs and deliverables.
- Liaise at least weekly and more often, as needed, with subgrantee team leads, who oversee their own teams that will support the implementation of this program.
- With support of Program Assistant, ensure logistics support the program training activities.
- In collaboration with the Community Outreach team lead, identify internal RefuSHE resources, for example the Legal and Advocacy Manager or Mental Health Manager, whose expertise is needed for a particular activity or training, or existing external relationships to leverage to ensure the success of an activity.
- Ensure delivery and impact are monitored and reports prepared for decision making.
- Work in collaboration with Finance Department to establish budget and monitor the expenditure of capacity building costs.
- Operate in compliance with legislatives and best practices in communities’ capacity building.
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognized and reputable institution is required.
- At least 5 – 8 years of experience in capacity building and/or training, program management, community-based activities.
- Must have experience leading trainings and developing training manuals.
- Must have experience developing and managing program work plans and have strong templates, modalities, and ideas to bring to the position immediately upon hire.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams, departments, and organizations, and ability to lead all relevant stakeholders to consensus in an efficient manner.
- Comfortable and experienced working in fast-paced environments with tight timelines and little room for error.
- Proficient in program monitoring and reporting, such as data collection, writing, etc.
- Experience working with highly vulnerable populations; experience working with refugees, conflict and post-conflict communities is an added advantage.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Strong writing abilities for training manuals and program reports.
- Experience leading staff members / a team.
- Detail oriented, high energy, and strongly self-driven.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Commitment to RK’s safeguarding and other policies on child protection.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants are advised to send their applications that should include a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 17th Aug 2022 close of business. Applicants must quote the position title ‘M&E Officer’ in the email subject. Copies of credentials and other relevant certificates will not be required at this early stage of application but in the next steps.
Applications should be addressed to:
HR & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Child Protection Training Officer at RefuSHE
- Administrative Officer at Sightsavers
- Communications Specialist, East Africa at Internews Network
- Executive Assistant at African Development Solutions (Adeso)
- Consultancy – Environmental and Social Assessment (ESA) and Gender Assessment (GA) for SokoFresh Agri Innovations East Africa Ltd at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation