Under the supervision of Cash and Markets Specialist-Mobile, the Abuja-based Cash and Market (C&M) Specialist is the focal point for cash and voucher programs and market-based and support interventions within the Economic Security (EcoSec) department and hence responsible for overall best practices in line with standard operating procedures, thematic and technical guidance in relation to EcoSec CTP. S/he is amongst key reference person for all on-site technical and capacity building support with regards to cash transfers and market analysis for the Delegation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in Cash Feasibility Assessments by field and lead the report writing on cash feasibility assessments (community access to cash, access to FSPs and Markets).
- Participate in General EcoSec Assessments by Field and assess the “Access to Market and Market functionality” section with written contribution and analysis.
- Provide support on the implementation of Cash assistance program design, planning & Implementation (encashment, distribution, SRs, Coordination with LOG/FIN, etc)
- Coordinate with Each Sub site to ensure Financial Forecast for cash programs, cross check, compile and submit to EcoSec Coordinator.
- Autonomously follow up of distributions, payment requests and reconciliation documents. Keeping up to date with monthly facts and figures based on completed programs
- Review, evaluation and contribution to post distribution monitoring’s, situation and assessment reports, executive briefs, project proposals and beneficiary data shared by field implementing sites
- Participate and contribute in the designing and implementation of Cash for Seeds jointly with Thematic Specialist, as well as other market-based interventions using the findings of the market assessment.
- Provides remote support and coaching to teams conducting CTP rapid market assessments at project level; and Leads CTP feasibility study and market assessment/analysis at programme level. Provides and facilitates tailored capacity buildings inputs through training sessions to EcoSec team in SDs in person and remotely.
- Organize meetings/sessions with potential FSP’s and Fintech companies to find solutions and improvements at the interest of CVA projects. Explore and implement unconsidered cash delivery mechanisms and help EcoSec teams to adopt and carry out effectively.
- Dissemination on beneficiary complaint response mechanism through team and follow up on complaints/feedback
- Provide support to A&E staff for Process monitoring, outcome monitoring through contribution in data collection instruments related to cash-based programming.
- Provides coaching on Red Rose or on any other technical solution adopted by EcoSec to the field teams.
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in a relevant
- 4 – 6 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, and Hausa Language (spoken).
Desired profile and Skills
- Team leadership skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, honest and transparent
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Adaptable, multitasker and good in time management.
- Proactive, persuasive and ability to work under stress and with deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Excel, word and PPT, desirable to have analytical skills of using statistical software like SPSS, Red Rose, etc. and also Proficient in report writing and documentation
How to apply
How to Apply
Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “ABJ202200276 Cash and Market Specialist 3 ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience