SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Following the war in Ukraine and the immense humanitarian needs resulting from it, we are looking for an experienced and committed Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Specialist (f/m)
- Position title: Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Specialist
- Duration: until December 2023 with the possibility of extension
- Working location: Austria Or Poland Or Romania Or Hungary Or Ukraine Or another European country with frequent travels to the region International/Regional Office/Country: Ukraine ERP
Mission of the position
The CVA Specialist will plan, coordinate and implement CVA in the geographical areas of intervention. She/he will ensure adequate response design (including identifying beneficiary targeting criteria, selecting delivery mechanisms, setting transfer values in line with objectives and incorporating beneficiary preferences and participation) and smooth implementation of CVA (including monitoring, AAP and market monitoring).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Share CVA feasibility results with all sectors and support service functions for decision making on response options and modality choice.
- Use available information to select the appropriate CVA delivery mechanisms for different CVA components of the response prioritising speed and scale in relief along with cost effectiveness related aspects such as beneficiary preference, safety and security, and context specific considerations for different target groups.
Operational set up
- Be responsible for setting up the CVA component including development of the plan of action and budget. Ensure programme delivery follows the Plan of Action, and beneficiary selection and transfer mechanisms follow agreed procedures and SOPs. Maintain overall oversight of all CVA elements ensuring targets are met and identified risks are mitigated.
- Review and update existing relevant SOPs, programme guidance and tools (on delivery options, service providers, data collection, targeting criteria, beneficiary selection, monitoring and evaluation etc.), and develop any new ones as needed.
- Use available data generated by external CVA actors in country to determine the transfer value which best meets the project objectives and decide on the frequency of the transfer.
- Ensure that the CVA interventions are harmonized and coordinated with other humanitarian actors and government agencies including linkages to social security schemes. Ensure that the intervention is linked to existing and newly emerging social security schemes to the maximum possible extent.
- Provide technical support, resources and inputs to implement the CVA component and ensure a viable implementation plan.
- Oversee and support the delivery of the plan of action, ensuring achievement of the set objectives and milestones.
- Facilitate and support market assessments remotely for territories in security risk zones to ensure Cash and Voucher assistance feasibility.
- Ensure the evolving contextual developments in terms of markets, financial services in the country are well reflected in the existing and new projects and implementation methodologies.
- Ensure CEA approaches are integrated throughout all phases of the implementation.
- Identify and advise on HR needs to ensure a smooth implementation of the programme.
Monitoring and MEAL links
Together with MEAL team, outline the MEAL plan and adapt the necessary M&E tools. This includes tools for baseline and verification visit, exit survey (at distribution/encashment location), site observation, post distribution monitoring (HH-level), focus group and key informants’ interviews, beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms and market and price monitoring.
Coordination and communication
- Coordinate with SOS CV functions and member associations in neighbouring countries as well as with national and international partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in the cash coordination structure when/if established and any other coordination meetings.
Capacity building and cash preparedness
Provide mentoring and coaching including on-job learning to SOS CV staff and volunteers and closely liaise with SOS CV coordinators and volunteers in the field to ensure coherent and coordinated implementation.
- University degree in relevant areas such as Disaster Management, Project Management, Sociology, Agriculture, IT/Computer Science, Finance, technical qualification or equivalent experience
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in the sector of civil society, development or humanitarian aid
- At least 3-year experience working with Cash and Voucher Assistance in emergency context
- At least three-year experience in disaster management or response in humanitarian operations
- Demonstrated experience in different aspects of CVA design and implementation (i.e.: CVA feasibility assessments, market analysis, response design including setting targeting criteria, transfer values and delivery mechanisms, encashment, and monitoring)
- Experience of providing on the job coaching and training of national staff and volunteers on CVA
- Strong coordination and networking skills, and ability to represent SOS CV and its work in external meetings
- Flexibility, excellent organizational and improvisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, in a challenging environment and to handle stress
- Politically and culturally sensitive, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in English; Ukrainian or Russian are an asset
- Willingness to potentially work in a volatile security environment and to travel to field locations
- A diverse and international working environment
- Remuneration that will be commensurate with experience and qualification
How to apply
This job is screened and recruited on a rolling basis, hence please submit your application as soon as possible at Impactpool: Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Specialist (f/m) | SOS Children’s Villages International (impactpool.org)
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks