Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash & MEAL Specialist (Seconded to the Jigawa State Rehabilitation Board)
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Manager/Supervisor
Proposed start date: April 2023
Department: Programmes – FSL
Reporting to: Project Coordinator – Social Protection
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Cash & MEAL specialist , who will be responsible to provide technical support, guidance, and training to the staff of the Jigawa State rehabilitation board.
- She/He will be responsible for ensuring that the government-funded cash transfer programme follows established SOPs and framework team.
- Support the rehabilitation board in ensuring appropriate and rigorous MEAL systems are developed to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with the Jigawa rehabilitation board MEAL guidelines and minimum requirements for MEAL.
- Ensure systemized data collection, mobile data collection systems and other technologies to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities.
- Review and validate the ToRs and data collection tools for baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end-of-project reviews/evaluations.
- Coordinate with field teams during the preparation of comprehensive MEAL plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting.
- Design terms of reference for the development of the MEAL framework for the rehabilitation board and the social investment programme.
- Support development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with standard requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on MEAL findings.
- Support validation of projects activity progress reports and beneficiary count.
- Develop tools and guidance notes on cash transfer programming & modalities, market assessment, livelihoods recovery, agricultural inputs, resilience programming and related areas.
- Organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with program teams at the state level and with other stakeholders.
- Review documentation of project activities with a clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing.
- Manage centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development.
- With support from the Project Coordinator, institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted.
- Support the setup of GRM channels at the state level in collaboration with GRM officers.
- Support timely resolution of complaints received from beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Review and validation of GRM reporting requirements.
- Support MEAL Staff in ensuring that confidentiality and proper data protection related to beneficiary feedback and complaints are respected;
- Support the GRM Officers in conducting training for field teams and external stakeholders.
- Support investigation of sensitive complaints, if required by the Board and SIP focal person.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Business Administration, Geography & Demography or a related subject.
- Bachelor’s Degree may also be considered with the required experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working, in at least mid-manager/specialist level, with INGOs, NGOs or Government Institutions covering Cash Transfer Programming with strong experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability & Learning.
- Proven experience in Cash Transfer Programming, Social Assistance & Safety-nets programmes.
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of Microsoft Office package, SPSS, STATA, Excel, Epi-info software, and Power BI.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills), including the ability to write clear and engaging reports. Fluency in Hausa language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to remote field sites.
Starting Basic Salary and Benefits
- NGN812,290 monthly (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Technical Advisor, Scientific Writing (TASW) at the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
- Head of Emergency Preparedness and Response (HEPR) at Save the Children
- Country Director South Sudan at Jesuit Refugee Service
- USAID/AFR Development Program Advisor (Budget) – (Juba, South Sudan) at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
- USAID/Niger Agriculture and Resilience Advisor (Local) at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.