Position: Cashier/Finance Assistant
Location: Mogadishu & Kismayo, Somalia
Contract Duration: 31st December 2023
Direct Hierarchy: Finance Admin Officer
Starting date: May 2023
Number of positions: Two (2) positions
Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced, and committed team player to fill the Two (2) Cashier/Finance Assistant position in one (1) MOGADISHU & one (1) KISMAYO, Somalia.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent, true, and as per ACTED procedures all the location petty cash payments, ensure a good filling and document tracking and assist the finance department in monthly internal reporting (TITANIC) as well as field finance staff in their day-to-day duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for SWS Excel Cash Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid.
- Responsible for cross check of allocation as per purchase order.
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for petty cash box payment
- Responsible for daily Cash Counts.
- Responsible for preparation of Weekly and Monthly Cash Counts for Finance Officer’s approval (Cash Checking Statement)
- Payment Procedure:
- Responsible for payment execution at Capital Level (according to ACTED payment procedures) i.e statutory and other payments
- Responsible of preparing payment voucher for approval by Finance Officer before payment is processed
- Responsible for photocopying the finance vouchers and labelling as per ACTED standards.
- Responsible for follow up and filing of voucher on monthly basis.
- Photocopying all fully signed capital vouchers on a monthly basis;
- Labelling & filing all vouchers at capital level (originals: blue books; copies: red books; field & partners: black books);
- Follow Up:
- Responsible to prepare the Contract follow up on daily basis
- Perform any other task assigned by the manager.
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours).
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration (Accounting option), or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty. Fluency in Somali and English language is a must.
- Ability to work independently
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th March, 2023 with the subject line “CASHIER/FINANCE ASSISTANT (indicate location i.e_MOGADISHU OR KISMAYO” Kindly indicate only one LOCATION and Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.