Position: CCCM Community Mobilisation Assistant
Overview of position:
Our client team in Somalia is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the CCCM Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (CCCM), the successful candidate will be responsible for our client’s Site Management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and strategies.
- Support coordination with various operational partners and IDP institutions within and across sectors including IDP leaders, community groups, service providers and government ministries, etc.
- Promote community participation, conduct awareness sessions, and support service providers in organizing community consultations, with representation of women, men, girls, boys, persons with disabilities, of all ages, and minority groups.
- Participate in regular meetings with community leadership structures and lead the development and follow-up of joint action plans.
- Assist in the utilization of multiple communication channels and methods (site committees, notice boards, broadcasts, complaint desks, etc.) Set up an information management system on the site, including the collection and supply of data and the transparent sharing of the information.
- Develop weekly work plans and monitor the work of community outreach workers.
- Assist in the management of Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM); refer cases to relevant service providers, follow up on referred cases, and provide feedback to clients to promote accountability.
- Ensure that IDPs are aware of the assistance and services available on the site and how to access them, and support providers in the inclusion of persons with specific needs and in the prevention of violence, exploitation, and abuse.
- Actively assist joint assessments, needs analysis, identification of gaps, service monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Assist in the compilation of timely and comprehensive reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- Under the overall supervision of the CCCM Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (CCCM)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all our client staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Experience working with IDP/refugee community groups/committees, particularly women’s or minority groups, and/or on Protection programming.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience using Kobo toolbox, ODK, or other mobile based data collection apps.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using this link:
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Country Representative, PSI Cote d’Ivoire at Population Services International
- Director, Okapi Wildlife Reserve at Wildlife Conservation Society
- Director, Resource Development at World Vision
- SAHEL–EXPERT.E REGIONAL.E PROTECTION TRANSVERSALE (H/F)–DAKAR at Solidarités International
- Child Protection French Help Desk at Save the Children