Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CFM Assistant
Locations: Dikwa, Kaga, Kala-balge, Monguno & Ngala LGAs – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Task and Responsibilities
- Supports the collection of information/data about all needs and concerns of the targeted population.
- Supports in ensuring all committee and messages related to project are gender / protection sensitive.
- Supports in ensuring complaints are properly managed (either individual or group); recorded, treated and appropriate feedback is accorded to the complainant maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent.
- Ensure CFM database is forwarded to the Protection officer on monthly basis and important complaints from complaint desks reported immediately
- Refer program-specific complaints to Protection Officer for follow-up.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and SHO core policies are respected.
- Conduct routine functions for gathering community feedback, making sure that all SOPs and SHO core policies are adhered to.
- Keeping accurate records and a filing system for all complaints, resolved or unresolved, including communication.
- Establishes and manages the complaint and feedback mechanism for the WFP project
- Provides constant feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe including those reported from the SHO toll free line.
- Supports in contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a referral pathway, respectful of the confidentiality principle and international SOPs.
- Send comprehensive internal reports to the relevant program focal point. Depending on the severity of the complaint, the reports will either be submitted weekly or daily. If necessary, the reports would also include monthly recommendations for the project coordinator.
- Acts as focal point for the identification and referral of extremely vulnerable Individuals and People with Specific protection Needs for adequate assistance according to SHO pre-defined criteria.
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the beneficiary
- Liaise with local authorities and community leaders to support the resolution of complaints
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Understanding local dialects English, Kanuri, Shuwa and Hausa.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Previous experience with GFD, BSFP and Cash Programming for Protection.
- Salient reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates for both Internal and External should complete the application form and attach CV with the following format “Surname-Position you applied for-Location”
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- SHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- NYSC Trainee at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) – 13 Positions
- Programme Analyst, Gender in Humanitarian Action at UN Women
- National Consultant, INEC Gender Assessment at UN Women
- Assistant(e) en Suivi Evaluation at International Organization for Migration
- Spécialiste Plaidoyer & Communication at Danish Refugee Council