Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Change Management Coach with strong relationship skills and initiative. Someone who will be responsible for supporting middle and senior managers in implementing management structures and systems and strengthen their capabilities to create stable operational processes across all parts of the organisation. For this particular role, you will be working with all parts of the organisation except the manufacturing and logistics operations, this would include teams such as R&D, Engineering, Talent and Finance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● You will be working in a team of several other capability builders who have deep operational and managerial experience
● You will lead and project manage up to three projects simultaneously with support and coaching from your colleagues
● You will be responsible jointly with the manager of the department you are working with to achieve the performance improvement goals defined at the beginning of the projects
● You’ll define the metrics, agenda and structures to run weekly performance dialogues that start at the team level and cascade up to the senior leaders
● You will lead weekly department review meetings and tracking of actions
● You will Coach leaders at all levels (team to senior management) in performance dialogues, definition of performance metrics and leaders standard work
● You will improve and codify our standard approaches for roll out and specialization and collaborate with other improvement teams
● You have an ability to build relationships with leaders and understand different barriers to act
● Through your experience as a team leader or coach, you are comfortable acting as a peer to
managers and have influencing skills that go beyond rational reasoning
● You are comfortable coaching and providing feedback in a group and 1:1, also with more senior people
● You are a fast learner and do not get stopped by failure
● You are familiar with improvement methodologies like lean management, Kaizen, root cause problem analysis (e.g. 5 Whys, fishbone, …) and Leader Standard Work.
● You are comfortable in holding others and yourself accountable and are not afraid to put uncomfortable topics on the table.
● You have a focus on pragmatic solutions (vs. perfection) and solving problems that happen when things do not go as expected
● You are disciplined in follow up and implementation
Nairobi & Kinanie
How to apply
How to Apply
To apply, please submit here a cover letter, and your resume/CV.
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.