(Community Health and Social Accountability Programme) CHASP Project Director Project Director**, Somalia Country Office -open to nationals/Internationals**
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The purpose of this role is to manage and assist the delivery, reporting and representation of the large health and nutrition program, which is being implemented in Somalia by save the children in collaboration with the ministry of health, at federal and state levels Operationally and technically. Key functions include ensuring program is implemented on time and with quality, technical support to the different project teams, management & support of the implementing partners, reporting, representation, facilitation of project steering committee and leading the program management unit
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Program Operations
Functionally Reports to: Head of Child Survival
Staff reporting to this post: National CHASP Manager
- The post holder will be sensitive to the cultural and political environment of Somalia and will have the ability to plan and ensure the implementation of the project, and to manage resources effectively.
- Program management experience in humanitarian and development context with relevant qualification in public health, nutrition, or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with substantial relevant experience in Health & Nutrition program management
- Previous experience in coordinating, implementing, and managing complex emergency project with INGO’s in developing countries and/or IDPs settings.
- Previous experience in managing subcontracted partner and proven donor relationship experience
- Experience in situation analysis, rapid need assessments and program implementation.
- Ability to support and build capacity of staff through performance management.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of integrated emergency programme activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Epi-lnfo/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, exercise flexibility and adaptability to transition.
- *Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be closed on 6th August 2022
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
- Project Assistant Intern SCH/STH and Oncho at Sightsavers
- Consultant – Project Development and Reporting Officer (Transition and Recovery Unit) at International Organization for Migration
- Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) at UNIDO
- Programme Policy Officer NOB (Coordination des urgences) at World Food Programme
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer (Head of Coordination), P4 at UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs