World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund International, Kenya
As a Christian VisionFund leader, facilitate the spiritual and professional development of MFI CEOs and direct reports with the following major responsibilities
The Chief Executive Officer will lead the Kenya Micro Finance Institution (MFI), in creating a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. The position will manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets. The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation.
- To ensure that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the Board and approved by VFI are fully implemented, complied with and met.
- Achievement of annual targets and strategic goals.
- Fund Sourcing
- Financial and Risk Management
- Effective integration with WV and any other Partnerships (both local and international) and effective promotion of the organization’s relations
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Policy formulation and compliance with local regulations and VFI policies
- Appointing Authority & Governance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum a Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Very good knowledge in economic and financial topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to World Vision’s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- Master’s degree, preferably in banking or business administration.
- Experience in Credit Risk oversight and reporting.
- Experience as microfinance practitioner/manager, and track record in producing good credit performance.
- Experience in the broader Risks MFIs face.
- Experience working closely with MFIs in East-Africa region and contexts in particular Kenya.
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- County Cluster Land Specialist-SC8 at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Senior Human Resource Assistant – Kenya National Hire at Church World Service
- Caseworker – Kenya National Hire at Church World Service
- Programme Officer-FSL at Save the Children
- Program Officer -Nutrition(Emergency Roster Beledweyne) at Save the Children