Type – Full time
Reporting – Program Manager
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is a woman-owned international development organization founded in 2004 with a mission to reduce poverty and improve life outcomes for women and children in Africa. In the last 17 years, Nascent has successfully implemented food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health programs, impacting the lives of more than 10 million people in Cameroon, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Zambia, and Uganda. See www.nascents.org for more on our programs.
Nascent is seeking to recruit a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year USAID nutrition project in Liberia. The goal of the program is to improve nutrition, school enrollment and attendance for children and youth in target communities. The COP will provide overall strategic direction for the project including establishing and maintaining systems for project operations (overseeing technical implementation and effective management of program resources) and ensuring good working relationships with funding partner, government partners and other stakeholders. Note: Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities **
• Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID, Government of Liberia, and other stakeholders
• Ensure the smooth functioning and coordination of all project functions, including program development and implementation, project finances and administration, outreach and reporting, and monitoring and evaluation (Oversee day-to-day program implementation and project management)
• Ensure the technical quality and appropriateness of the technical services provided through the project and the quality of the results generated
• Ensure compliance with regulations and procedures of funding partner and Nascent Solutions internal policies and guidelines
• Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed; and ensure the adequate management and supervision of the work of all experts/personnel provided under the agreement (Provide technical and management oversight for project personnel)
• Oversee the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans, progress reports, and other required donor deliverables
• Any other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
External Representation and Communication
• Stay informed on global best practices and trends
• Oversee the production of communications and externally facing products
• Represent the organization in relevant working groups, sector fora, and conferences; and serve as a technical reviewer of proposal submissions
• Assist in the development of strategic partnerships to scale up Nascent’s impact in the nutrition sector
Required Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
· Master’s Degree in International Development and/or a related area
· 10+ years of demonstrated experience successfully managing complex USG or other international donor programs, including a minimum of five (5) years of experience as Chief of Party (COP), Country Director, or equivalent; experience managing similar programs highly desired
· Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate with host governments, local communities, organizations, partners, and stakeholders
· Demonstrated experience with and/or collaboration with private sector/businesses or microfinance is highly desired
· Proven ability to successfully manage and mentor a multi-disciplinary team
· Ability to manage cooperative agreements, contracts, and grant-making programs in accordance with all reporting requirements
· Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written fluency in English
· Previous in-country experience in an African country is highly desirable
How to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “**Chief of Party-Liberia**” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is September 20, 2021. Country nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Nascent Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.