Type – Full time
Location- Burkina Faso
Reporting – President and CEO
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions, Inc., (Nascent) is a Virgina-based, women-led international development and. humanitarian organization founded in 2004 by an American citizen of Cameroon origin. In the last 18 years, Nascent has mobilized resources and implemented programs in food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health, impacting the lives of over 10 million people in several African countries. For more details, visit: www.nascents.org
Mission: Promote self-reliance; by harnessing the creative and entrepreneurial drive of rural women and youth, to problem solve, build resilient local economies, and improve the quality of life for their families and communities.**
Vision: A self-reliant and poverty-free Africa**
Nascent is seeking to recruit a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress Program that helps developing countries and emerging democracies modernize and strengthen their agricultural sectors. This program has two principal objectives: to improve agricultural productivity and to expand trade of agricultural products. The candidate will ensure the U.S. agricultural commodities which are donated to the country are sold on the local market and the proceeds are used to support agricultural, economic, or infrastructure development within the program.
The COP will also provide overall strategic direction on the project with regard to climate-smart agriculture to ensure activities respond to climate vulnerability, soil degradation and food insecurity issue. Other responsibilities will include establishing and maintaining systems for project operations, coordinating, and maintaining working relationships with government partners and other stakeholders, and overseeing technical and effective management of program resources.
Note: Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities **
• Serve as the primary point of contact with agencies and the Government of Burkina Faso regarding day-to-day implementation and management of the program.
• Ensure the smooth functioning and coordination of all project functions, including program development and implementation, finances and administration, outreach, and reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Provide technical and management oversight on project personnel and be the representative to relevant donor, line ministries, other multinationals, technical agencies, and participating organizations as required.
• Ensure compliance with company and donor regulations and procedures
• Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed, ensure the adequate management, and supervision of the work of all experts/personnel provided under the agreement.
• Oversee the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans, progress reports, and other required donor deliverables.
External Representation and Communication
• Stay informed on global best practices and trends to ensure that they are incorporated into the development of agency priorities and innovations.
• Oversee the production of communications and externally facing products, such as research papers, and participate in “communities of practice” to remain abreast of latest developments, standards, tools, and methodologies within the country.
• Represent the organization in relevant working groups, sector fora, conferences, high-level meetings, and serve as a technical reviewer of proposal submissions.
• Assist in the development and management of external relationships with donors, partners, and other stakeholders, and contribute to the development of strategic partnerships with other organizations to expand Nascent’s reach.
Required Skills and Qualifications **
· Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition and/or International Development or a related area.
· 10+ years of demonstrated experience successfully managing complex USG or other international donor programs, including a minimum of five (5) years of experience as Chief of Party (COP), Country Director, or equivalent; experience managing similar programs highly desired.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate with host governments, local communities, organizations, and partners and stakeholders at all levels.
· Demonstrated experience with and/or collaboration with private sector/businesses or microfinance is highly desired.
· Proven ability to successfully manage and groom staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Ability to manage cooperative agreements, contracts, and grant-making programs in accordance with all reporting requirements.
· Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written fluency in English
· Previous in-country experience in an African country is highly desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include “**Chief of Party-Burkina Faso**” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is March 31, 2022. Local nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Nascent Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.