Action Against Hunger USA seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID/Liberia Countywide Sanitation Activity. Under this activity, USAID/Liberia seeks sustainably eliminate open defecation in five counties (Montserrado, Bong, Nimba, Lofa, and Grand Bassa), moving everyone in those counties who currently practices open defecation to basic level of sanitation through programming to accomplish the results of improved Sanitation Governance, Key Sanitation Behaviours Adopted, Sanitation Markets Strengthened and Financing for Sanitation Increased.
The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and the overall management and operations of the Countywide Sanitation Activity. Working with Action Against Hunger Country Office and Headquarters staff, and under the direction of the Action Against Hunger – Liberia Country Director, the COP directly represents the Liberia Countywide Sanitation Activity program with USAID, the Government of Liberia, participating community-based organizations and other USAID implementing partners. As appropriate the COP will liaise with other donor-funded programs. The COP supervises all project staff and partners, including technical and financial teams. CoP will ensure compliance with USAID and Action Against Hunger policies and procedures. CoP will identify risks related to program implementation and ensure adaptive management and solutions are implemented in order to meet Project objectives.
This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The COP role’s purpose, engagement and delivery is:
The COP will lead the overall implementation of the project, providing strategic, managerial, and technical leadership. The COP will oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management.
The COP will maintain close coordination with USAID and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact.
The COP will be responsible for ensuring sound programmatic and financial management, as well as leading efficient and effective implementation of all workstreams and deliverables. Finally, s/he will ensure appropriate management procedures to ensure that all resources are in place, adhered to, and in compliance with USAID rules and regulation and Action Against Hungers policies and procedures.**Key job roles**
- Oversee overall team management, guidance, direction, and management of the administrative and technical aspects of the project.
- Ensures that project performance objectives and mandates are implemented in a timely fashion and meet donor’s requirements.
- Provide collaborative leadership and complementarity among an expert consortium of multi-disciplinary partners.
- Serves as the Project’s main point of contact to USAID, host country government agencies and partners, and counterparts. Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships with all the stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Project Management Team, establishes and maintains financial and grants operations, ensuring compliance with Action Against Hunger’s policy and USAID award provisions.
- Conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of programmatic and financial deliverables.
- Support the development of monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans and implementation mechanisms to accurately reflect project goals and objectives. Ensures systems are established to measure accomplishments, track work in progress and use of project resources, and evaluate impact of services provided by implementing partners.
- Establishes and oversees healthy relationships with sub-recipients, resource partners, private sector partners, and collaborators (including other USAID implementers) to create synergy and ensure that project responsibilities are carried out in accordance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Works with Project staff and team members’ long-term advisors to design and operationalize an annual project planning cycle based on comprehensive, integrated annual project workplans and budgets.
- Actively participates in relevant technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing Action Against Hunger.
- Works successfully with Action Against Hunger’s Headquarters financial, technical, and operations officers by providing accurate and timely reporting and updates on the project progress.
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree preferred, in business, public health, engineering, public administration, governance, or other relevant field.
- At least ten years of professional experience in related field, such as WASH, private sector engagement, financing, local governance, preferably with experience with market-based sanitation.
- Relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, teambuilding and communication skills on complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, businesses, and civil society organizations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Extensive experience in working in developing countries, preferably in West Africa.
- Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Willingness to support Action Against Hunger’s Mission.
- Ability to work and reside in Liberia highly preferred
Action Against Hunger provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package.
Female candidates and Liberia nationals are encouraged to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
How to apply
To apply click on the link below:
Chief of Party (Countywide Sanitation Activity Liberia) – Action Against Hunger (workable.com)