Position: Chief of Party (General)
The Chief of Party reports to the Regional Director for the region based on the location of the project.
The COP will be responsible for overall technical leadership, management, and operations of the activity. They will ensure that the project’s goals, objectives, and strategy are achieved and that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination of all activities across all relevant parties, including the donor and partners for the project. They will also oversee all project staff and sub-partners to results-oriented planning, leadership, and coordination of project activities and products.
This is a general job requisition for Chief of Party related positions offered at Pact. We are looking to gather resumes from qualified candidates with an interest/background in being a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party that are interested in working at Pact. All positions are contingent upon award.
Countries Pact currently works in:
East & West Africa
Southern and Francophone Africa
Asia & Eurasia
- South Africa
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Dominican Republic
Pact currently has two Global Projects, ACHIEVE and Linkages, based in various countries above.
Donors Pact works with on current projects: USAID, DFID, DOL, PEPFAR, etc.
Basic Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure high-quality, results-oriented technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and approved annual workplans and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and leadership to the project to achieve expected project goals and results within budget and timeframe.
- Ensure that Pact provides high-quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
- Serve as the principal liaison with stakeholders, responsible for reporting program results to stakeholders and cultivating and maintaining a positive relationship with stakeholders and local staff.
- Ensure compliance with Pact policies and procedures, donors, USG, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact resources.
- Oversee project staff and help partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Hire, supervise, and mentor project staff.
For current Chief of Party opportunities please click here.
Qualifications based on years of experience for International Staff (e.g. Expatriate and Third Country National candidates):
- Typically has a Bachelor’s degree and 13 or more years of experience, including 8 years of management experience; Master’s degree with 11 or more years of experience; PhD with 9 or more years of experience, or equivalent relevant work experience.
**Please note that general qualifications based on years of experience for Local Candidates may vary by country office and/or donor guidelines**
What to include in your CV:
- What countries you have worked in? International experience working in countries and/or regions we currently have projects in is a plus.
- What area is your expertise in, e.g. Capacity Development, Health, Governance, etc.
- Languages spoken – proficiency in languages from countries and/or regions we work in is a plus.
- How many projects you have managed?
- Donors you have worked with or currently work with.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Supply Chain and Procurement Intern at Save the Children
- UN·E RESPONSABLE DE DEPARTEMENT LOGISTIQUE at Action Contre la Faim France
- Spécialiste en sécurité at World University Service of Canada
- Adjoint(e) Principal(e) à la Gestion des Actifs – LICA7 at UNOPS
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer (Pooled Fund Manager), P4 at UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs