Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Identification: 101708
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being.
- Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in three states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery.
- The project will also support HIV/AIDS and TB financing in Lagos State. The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS and TB services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs and TB services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Chief of Party (COP) will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Take direct project management responsibility for LHSS Nigeria activity to deliver results for all objectives specified under the approved, final workplan.
- Ensure rapid start-up and response, exercising creativity and responsiveness to ensure staff, counterpart, and beneficiary safety while moving business operations forward to address urgent and emerging technical assistance and other needs.
- Oversee development of job descriptions and hiring of team members.
- Work jointly with USAID, Government of Nigeria national and state ministries, departments and agencies, LHSS consortium partners, and local partners to implement LHSS objectives and achieve results detailed in the final workplan.
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership to produce project results, including implementation as well as research, monitoring and evaluation, and learning activities.
- Serve as the project’s representative and key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders, and manage project relationships with each.
- Provide leadership and technical support for project staff, including staff overseeing international subcontractors, and numerous local subcontracts and grantees
- Supervise the project’s field team to ensure a focus on results, achievements of annual work plan and targets, and timely/effective implementation and reporting.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal control, using adaptive management techniques as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and technical support for project staff, including staff overseeing subcontracts and grants.
- Exercise ultimate responsibility for on-time reporting and high-quality deliverables, finance and operational excellence, and compliance.
- Within the LHSS project, the Chief of Party will be supported by LHSS home office-based operations, finance, and technical expertise and will report to the LHSS Regional and Country Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with fifteen years of relevant experience, OR a Master’s Degree with twelve years of relevant experience, OR a Ph.D with ten years relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health / Health Management or a Medical Degree or a Master’s Degree in Policy for Health is required.
- Minimum of 12 years’ prior experience in implementing complex health system strengthening activities in the public and/or private sectors is required.
- Demonstrated experience conducting and leading major donor-funded health projects, or leading health organizations.
- Policy development and advisory experience to national health leaders on health system strengthening, resulting in demonstrated improved and sustained health outcomes.
- Proficient English writing/speaking skills required.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2022 (10:17 PM).
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment
- Job City Abuja