*This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Chief of Party, Mauritania you are accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USDA- or other similar international donor-funded projects.
World Vision seeks COP candidates with expertise in the following:
- Sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) harmonization and compliance with international standards, including experience working with public, private and civil service organizations in policy development, implementation, monitoring and surveillance.
- Improving productivity and trade of agricultural products through facilitation of climate smart agriculture (CSA) practices and integrated market system strengthening.
- Trade facilitation – including through the aligning of policies, practices, and infrastructure with the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
- Experience with managing the monetization of commodities and FFPr programming.
- Advanced degree required in Agricultural Economics, Business, Trade, Food Safety or other relevant fields of study related to the project.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (USDA program management required); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Head of Programme experience in development field is expected.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in similar position in fields related to results and objectives of the project required for the successful implementation of this project, including: agricultural market systems; trade; international food safety standards; sanitary and phytosanitary measures improvement; commodity monetization; as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and trade issues in these sectors.
- Proven leadership as Project Director or Chief of Party in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support projects with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Experience managing donor funded programs, particularly USDA Food for Progress programs.
- Fluency in oral and written English and French.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply online**.** We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.