TITLE: Child Protection French Help Desk
LOCATION: Anywhere in Western and Central Africa where SCI has an office
GRADE: National 4
CONTRACT LENGTH : 2 years renewable (subject to funding)
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children, in partnership with the global CP AOR, aims at supporting CP practitioners in French-speaking countries through the French Help Desk in WCA.
The French Help Desk provides a free, remote service for coordination group members to access rapid, tailored support in French about child protection-related queries and issues. The French Help Desk covers West and Central Africa alongside other French-speaking countries. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- REPORTS TO: CP Unit WCA, with dotted line to the CP AoR
- Does this role support one or more humanitarian awards? If yes, which? TBD
- Does this role relate to one or more categorised responses? Yes
ANNUAL GROSS SALARY LEVEL: XOF13 600 000 – XOF15 000 000 (Offer will be based on experience, internal equity and financial ability).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Conduct Help Desk orientation sessions with Child Protection actors within the region.
- Provide individual technical support for child protection coordination teams and group members in collaboration with the Global Help Desk and CP AoR Rapid Response Team Regional Focal Points.
- Facilitate a child protection community of practice in French in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Update and disseminate the French Help Desk information sheet, animated videos, and presentations, outlining the purpose, functions, contact details, and other relevant information about the Help Desk.
- Make linkages with coordination group members in other countries or technical experts, such as Alliance Working Group (WG) and Task Force (TF) leads, depending on the request and follow up on referrals.
- Maintain a log of incoming requests and conduct analysis of inquiry trends, field needs, and resource gaps to be reviewed and discussed with the Help Desk team regularly.
- Through regular analysis and reflection, identify capacity and resource needs and gaps and respond in a timely manner through the 1) development of webinars, 2) facilitation of online and face-to-face trainings, 3) creation of interim tools and guidance, and 4) translation of documents to support the CP Actors in the region.
- If insufficient tools or guidance currently exists to respond to a particular request, assist with the development of interim guidance and refer to relevant CP AoR team members and/or the relevant Alliance WG/TF.
- Highlight key analytical trends and other Help Desk achievements and contributions in the Help Desk online dashboard on at least a quarterly basis, more often as needed.
- Create trending topic posts and documents for frequently asked questions to be included on the CP AoR Help Desk webpage.
- Maintain a contact list of active child protection coordinators, co-coordinators, information managers, and coordination structures within each country covered by the French Help Desk.
- Organize and maintain a French resource repository of field-level examples and tools collected.
- Translate relevant documents as needed.
- Participate in global or regional Global CP AoR meetings and/or trainings
- Coordinate with the Global CP AoR and other decentralized Help Desks on the Annual Survey to support on question design, dissemination, and analysis.
- If funding is available, deploy to an emergency setting to support a coordination group in the region
- Any other tasks as required
COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE
- Working collaboratively with others
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Communicating with Impact
- Applying technical expertise
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic background in social sciences in areas related to Child Protection
- At least 5 years of experience in Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) programming or CPiE coordination or related fields; experience directly implementing child protection programming, including child protection case management, violence prevention and risk mitigation, etc. in the region desired
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken); ability to translate technical child protection documents
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience developing reports and analysis, with careful attention to detail
- Research skills; resourcefulness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent understanding of the transformative agenda and humanitarian architecture at global and country levels
- Experience designing and delivering child protection-and/or CP Coordination-related training and other learning sessions, particularly in humanitarian contexts, for inter-agency groups.
- Familiarity with the work, working methods, and members of country level child protection coordination groups; former or current participation in or leadership of country level child protection coordination groups in emergency settings is desired
- Computer literate with full command of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and the desire to travel to remote project locations
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- PROGRAM COORDINATOR (M/F) – JUBA at Solidarités International
- Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning at Creative Associates International
- Burkina Faso – Directeur-Pays (H/F) – Ouagadougou at Solidarités International
- Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action Advisor at World Vision
- MALI –Responsable programmes SAME (H/F) – Mopti at Solidarités International