Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection Information System Management Assistant
Job ID: 210005U9
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
Reports to: Child Protection Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have occasional contact with or access to children or young people.
- Under the supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day-to-day collection of field data and inputting data into CPIMS.
- The role is to support the collection of child protection data and support data management at the field level.
- S/he will enter case management field data collected by the child protection team, conduct spot checks to ensure quality and detailed data is provided and entered into the database, and oversee the day-to-day management of the inter-agency child protection information management system (CPIMS).
- The CPIMS Assistant will provide up-to-date analysis and other information regarding the services and performance of the case management process.
- The role holder will ensure a clear work plan for data entry and confirm that all files are entered into the database.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Compile the case management data and ensure timely entry into the CPIMS
- Cleaning of the data regularly to ensure accuracy of data.
- Daily back-up and synchronization of data.
- Generate weekly reports that are shared with the Case management team to enable better management and prioritization of cases.
- Manage data from individual cases, which include security of the data and flagging errors
- Ensure mandatory fields are correctly captured and staff are assisted and guided as required before cases are entered into the system.
- To oversee the day-to-day management of the inter-agency child protection database including ensuring accurate and detailed data is sent to the CPIMS Taskforce and SCI MEAL Team on a monthly basis.
- Flag and Follow up of individual cases with the GBV officers and Child protection in emergency officers.
- Weekly analysis of data including achievements, duration between identification and entry, the progress of the priority cases e.t.c.
- Populate and submit monthly 5Ws to the respective Sub Sectors.
- Field visit and provide technical support to registered cases randomly selected from the CPIMS database.
- Coaching the case management team on how to correctly fill the forms.
- Participate in any other activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Provide capacity to Volunteers and caseworkers on IA CPIMS form and case management
- Provide technical support/capacity building to caseworkers and project staff on quality data entry and CPIMS.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums including the CPIMS Task Force and Case Management Task Force
- With support from the Lead Child Protection Manager and/or other senior programme staff, assist in advocacy activities that target decision-makers in-country.
- In collaboration with the Humanitarian Technical Unit and Child Protection team, feed in learning, experiences and evidence to relevant global advocacy objectives.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically.
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
- Actively listens to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
- Actively participates in networks to access and contribute to good practice
- Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict-affected people and other stakeholders
- Establishes clear objectives with partners
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
- Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Ensure that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes and commitments
- Integrates beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
- Participates in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation mechanisms
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Demonstrates self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Makes positive statements about work
- Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to partners and others
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in Social work, Social Science, development studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Between three and four years of work experience in Protection work, supervision, community mobilisation and distributions and a solid understanding of the actual Nigeria Emergency context.
- Proven ability to supervise a CP project with a holistic approach and integrated into child protection right
- Speaking fluent English, and Pidgin-English is an advantage
- Computer literate.
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills,
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Able to be a self-starter and work in challenging contexts and fragile environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps