Child Rights Governance Manager – Regional Programming Unit
The Child Rights Governance manager oversees the running and coordination of the Child Rights Governance pillar of the Regional Programmes Unit. The purpose of the Child Rights Governance pillar is to influence policy making across Africa on the basis of the voice of children/youth and the work of partners and COs. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Master’s degree in law or legal studies, child rights, development studies, sociology/anthropology, child protection.
- Training in Child rights programming
- Over 8 years or more experience in Child Rights Governance Programming with at least 5 years Pan African/Regional level experience with demonstrated understanding and engagement with the African Charter and related AU Architecture including working with the ACERWC.
- Over 8-9 years in a management role with a budget oversight of at least 2 million USD and 5 years in managing operational delivery.
- Significant leadership and staff management experience including day to day management, creating cooperative and effective work distribution processes with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of children’s issues, rights-based program approach and an understanding of how to manoeuvre in a context of shrinking space for civil society.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of working with CSO networks and alliances.
- Strong skills and proven experience in business development, project design and proposal writing with corporate, foundations and/or institutional donors
- Excellent listening, inter-personal, communication, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong writing skills including drafting of solid reports, policy briefs, concept notes/ proposals, terms of reference and
- High level of organizational skills including excellent time management and coordination involving numerous stakeholders to successfully execute joint activities.
- Significant experience in advocacy and campaigns for the realization of children’s rights through continental, regional and country level platforms.
- Experience with Save the Children, especially in terms of member relationships
- Experience with remote management of teams in different geographical areas.
Contract duration: 1-year renewable
*This role will be based at the Regional Office under National Contract terms*
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?