JOB TITLE: CLIMATE CHANGE SPECIALIST
REPORTING TO: RESEARCH MANAGER
BASED AT: NAIROBI, KENYA
ABOUT FARSIGHT GROUP:
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders at both the grassroots and national level.
The Climate Change specialist will be responsible for customizing national climate change frameworks to city level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing analytical support on Climate Change Programme
- Assisting in coordination of climate change programmes and different projects.
- Carrying out education on programs and projects on climate change.
- Providing technical assistance on climate change programmes and projects.
- Promoting public participatory and awareness creation on climate change programmes and projects.
- Preparing reports and brief for projects status
- To provide technical guidance and support that informs proposals, project implementation and overall organizational strategy in environment and climate change matters.
- To ensure that the organization’s projects are implementing activities in line with best environmental practices following local and donors’ environmental regulations. Coordinates / Works with the communities in climate change, environment, Natural Resource, forestry and climate change matter
- Acts as Climate Change focal person for all development partners
- Performing any duties that may be assigned
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in customizing national climate change frameworks to city level.
· Excellent client-facing and internal verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
· Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
· Ability to predict challenges and proactively head-off obstacles.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, innovative and solutions-oriented.
How to apply
Kindly send your application letter and CV to email@example.com before 15th May 2022.
Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been selected.