POSITION TITLE: CLINICAL IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: COUNTY TEAM LEAD
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Machakos, Makueni and Kitui and Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs (see above edit to include TRACK) with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The overall function of this position is to ensure effective implementation of quality HIV Care and Treatment services in supported counties. Responsible for working closely with the MOH and County Health teams, partners, and service providers in the region to strengthen health systems and ensure that the quality of HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB supported across the program is consistent with the national MOH/County Health Services quality standards and guidelines. Responsible for supporting the training, on-site technical supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching and regular updates to service providers in PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and TB care for all populations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the planning, conducting, analyzing and disseminating results of site capacity assessments at supported facilities.
- Provide technical support through training and on site mentorship to facility multidisciplinary teams in management of HIV, TB and related diseases as per the recommended national guidelines
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve processes geared towards enhancing patient level outcomes
- Represent the organization in technical capacity at county and facility level meetings
- Ensure achievement of program’s annual service delivery targets for the region and develop remedial plans where the targets fall short.
- Ensure synergy with the sub county technical team in site level supervision.
- Review facility reports and quality of care indicators routinely and provides guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes.
- Support site level Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and strengthen capacity of site level MDT to increasingly use their data to support improvements for patient case management.
- Support facility teams to build local capacity for quality improvement activities by establishing work improvement teams (WITs) at different departments that identify gaps subsequently prioritizing, analyzing, and implementing QI projects.
- Maintain thorough documentation of activities and tracks deliverables.
- Coordinate dashboard reviews of project clinical outcomes and utilize project data to prioritize interventions.
- Provide representation as delegated in critical stakeholder meetings and activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of medical practice standards and developments.
- M.B.Ch.B, MD or MBBS required with significant field experience in clinical and/or community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Registered clinical officer with over five years’ experience in HIV/ AIDS program implementation may be considered.
- Experience in Health Care programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations knowledge and experience of ART programmatic and technical issues highly desired.
- Program management experience and experience in a supervisory role is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework.
- Experience working with government institutions, counties and local partners.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 25th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “**CLINICAL IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST-CARE AND TREATMENT**” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.