About the Job
The communication Officer contributes to the design, planning and implementation of communication projects and activities. S/he supports in representing the ICRC externally and to building the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders in Somalia.
This is a resident/national position based in Baidoa, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Communication/Prevention coordinator and the Deputy Head of Office Baidoa, defines communication and prevention objectives, strategies and action plans in line with the priorities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the implementation of action plans of the Centre Sub-delegation/Baidoa Office
- Develops communication materials and tools for public and operational communication, community engagement and the promotion of international humanitarian law (IHL)
- Represents the ICRC to various audiences, maintains contact and communicates with different interlocutors in the region
- Contributes to information analysis/environmental scanning and media monitoring
- Supports the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) in communication activities
- Supports communication related training and coaching for staff of field structures and other departments
- Translates documents from English/Somali to Somali /English in support of communication programs
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Communication, Humanitarian action, English, International relations or Journalism
- 3 years’ work experience in public communication and/or field operational communication
- Sound knowledge of the political, Social and media environment of the region
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent command of Somali and English language; knowledge of Maay Maay is an asset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with digital communication tools
- Ability and willingness to travel across Somalia, in particular within South West State
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
- Training and development opportunities
A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 12th June 2022 Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.**
- Job City Baidoa