The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a creative, innovative, and multimedia professional to support communication and outreach activities in the one CGIAR CIP Africa office, based in Nairobi Kenya.
The Position: The Communication Analyst will be responsible for producing and managing diverse multimedia content for different audiences including researchers, project beneficiaries, policy makers among others. The role will support the team in Nairobi and across Africa working towards improving lives through scientific innovations in the root, tuber, and banana agri-food based systems and in the one CGIAR. He/she will report to the Regional Communications Specialist.
CIP Africa communications:
- Social media management and engagement: Working closely with CIP’s social managers/ teams regularly engage online audiences with relevant content – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
Social media monitoring and reporting: Regularly monitor conversations around the organization’s key interests and key partners. Strengthen CIP’s engagement with online audiences.
Compile information on key performance indicators in line with one CGIAR guidelines. Prepare a report on the performance of the channels and specific posts every quarter.
- Multimedia production and management: Work independently and with consultants to prepare and share compelling content relevant for diverse audiences – scripting, animations, video and photo editing in line with the organization’s communications plan. Ensure content is well archived on YouTube/ Chorus/ Flickr.
- Photography and videography: Support the production of relevant video and photo content stories based on the field visits and in person meetings. This includes working on and repurposing of old footage to create new stories. It will also entail creation of new videos through relevant software and upload them to CIP’s YouTube page. The position will also manage the footage and photos through CIP’s Flickr, Chorus and Vimeo pages.
- Events logistical support: Actively support the organizing of events (Physical and Virtual). Create a social media toolkit and support the promotion of these events on various social media channels. Lead live social media posting for these events.
- Media relations: Actively support organization’s engagement with local media during events – virtual and physical. This ensuring all the logistics are in place and following up on the interviews, promotion on social media. The role also includes updating the media list.
- Project communications support: Undertake ongoing project support in Africa as directed by the Regional Communication Specialist.
CGIAR GENDER Impact Platform communication support
- Social media for CGIAR GENDER Platform’s social media channels: Undertake tasks such as live tweeting during events, regular scheduling of content and audience engagement
- Event management: Scheduling and promoting webinars, annual gender conference and major campaigns among targeted audiences on relevant platforms. Includes support for bespoke events, administrative communications support (follow up with designers, printers to ensure quality and timely delivery, onsite photography)**
- Media engagement: Develop list of relevant content outlets, e.g., specific to funder organizations; support media trainings including management of network of journalists**
- Tracking, documenting, and making sense of KPI: Compile data for CGIAR-wide KPIs on communications on a quarterly basis; integration of Altmetrics and making sense of Altmetrics as an Impact Platform.
- Bachelors’ degree in Communication, Information Sciences, Public relations, Development Communication, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and creating diverse multimedia content
- Innovative, creative mind with proactive work attitude.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience working for CGIAR center (s).
- Knowledge and experience in social media management.
- Experience in crafting and disseminating a wide range of high quality and engaging products in different media.
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information in a simple way for different audiences.
- Proficiency in content technologies like adobe creative suit
- Hands on experience in using social media management platforms.
- Effectively collaborate and work in a team.
- Commitment to learn and constantly improve their skill.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English, Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Hard working with ability to handle multiple work activities in an effective manner
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April 20, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.