CORE Group fosters collaborative action and learning to improve and expand community- focused public health practices. Established in 1997 in Washington D.C., CORE Group is an independent not-for-profit organization, and home of the Community Health Network, which brings together CORE Group member organizations, scholars, advocates and donors to support the health of underserved mothers, children and communities around the world.
Learn more here: www.coregroup.org.
GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance is seeking a comprehensive hosting arrangement to support the CSO Constituency and Gavi CSO Steering Committee, facilitate coordination with the Secretariat and increase country-level engagement in Gavi processes. CORE Group will support Gavi, the CSO Constituency, and CSO Steering Committee by providing timely, accurate, and thorough coordination and communication among and between Gavi’s Secretariat and the Constituency, while facilitating the functioning of the Steering Committee through systems and process management, administrative tasks, capacity-building, networking, knowledge management, advocacy, and advisory services.
The primary function of the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator is to support communications among Gavi, the Steering Committee, and CSO Constituency. The Coordinator would be responsible for all communications and knowledge management activities for the project including supporting internal and external communications efforts such newsletters, listserv management, video promotions, and email announcements.
The Coordinator will also play a role in supporting communications and technical assistance to regional and global CSO partners on equity in immunization, COVID-19 pandemic response, COVAX facility engagement, and GAVI 5.0 strategy implementation.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Responsible for communications among Gavi, the Steering Committee, and Gavi CSO Constituency
· Support Gavi Steering Committee members to champion CSO engagement in health and immunization across global health initiatives such as IA 2030.
· Facilitates knowledge sharing among constituents and between Gavi and CSOs
· Support country level advocacy and accountability activities
· Assist with the development and implementation of the Learning Agenda and Communications Strategy
· Supports event management; logistics for workshops and meetings; dissemination of materials; producing information sheets, reports, info graphics, and presentations to document and promote the work of the Grants Program;
· Design and facilitation of webinars, conference sessions, or recorded videos to highlight tools, activities, or findings/results funded by the Small Grants Program;
· Manage the CSO Constituency membership database in collaboration with the Hosting Coordinator
· Develop and regularly update a new Gavi CSO website
· Participating in and contributing to immunization, communications, technical and coordination meetings at the global or local levels
· Develop and provide support for communications materials such as fact sheets, brochures, email announcements, blogs, success stories, newsletters and other project collateral
· Manage communications tools such as the Google listserv and social media accounts
· Collect and analyze metrics to evaluate the success of our traditional/digital communications and community engagement efforts
· Other duties as requested
· Master’s degree or higher in public health, communication or marketing; Other degrees in public health, nursing or medicine also acceptable.
· A strong background in Immunization. Excellent knowledge of GAVI 5.0, IA2030, polio eradication initiatives, and other global and regional immunization strategies
· At least three to five years of experience working with global health programs supporting health, infectious diseases, immunization, or development programs is required.
· At least three to five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and communications
· Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment is a must.
· Demonstrated strong teamwork, cultural competency, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills are essential.
· Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills in English and ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including senior-level managers, country-level health officials, UN, senior level USG delegations, inter-agency partners and host government counterparts is required.
- Proven ability to execute a communications strategy across all platforms–traditional, digital, and social.
- Exemplary writing and interpersonal communications skills; a refined and nuanced ability to craft content, create connections, and disseminate messages in ways that reflect, engage, and enhance various complex community and cultural perspectives.
- Excellent creative and design sensibilities, with a strong understanding of the communications process from creative concept through production and execution. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
- Successful track record of prioritizing and influencing key audiences using data and analytics to ensure effectiveness, measure success, and adjust as appropriate.
- A personal and professional commitment to diversity in all its forms and across all audiences, internal and external
- Resourceful, goal-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, personal integrity and sense of humor and perspective
- Ability to multi-task, work virtually with ease.
- Familiarity with webinar/online platforms such as Zoom or Webex required
- Website management experience required.
- Familiarity with MailChimp or Constant Contact preferred.
- French and English fluency required.
The position will be remote/global with a tentative start date of January 1, 2022. This position is contingent on funding.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator_Last Name” as the subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.