The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (‘International IDEA’) is proposing to implement an Action to support Libya’s House of Representatives (‘HoR’). The proposed Action seeks to support the HoR’s Secretariat General (the ‘Diwan’) through the following outputs:
- Enhanced Research Capacity of the Diwan;
- Enhanced Capacity of the Diwan’s organization, management and administration functions;
- Enhanced capacity of Diwan staff to support the HoR’s legislative functions;
- Enhanced capacity of Diwan staff to support the HoR’s oversight functions;
- Enhanced capacity of Diwan staff to support the HoR’s representation and citizen engagement functions;
- Advisory services provided on issues of Libyan and international law; and
- Enhanced Diwan collaboration with other parliaments for the purposes of capacity development and knowledge-sharing.
Through these outputs, the Diwan will become better equipped to help strengthen the effectiveness of the HoR (specific objective). That enhanced capacity will in turn help (i) improve the accountability of democratic institutions in Libya such as the HoR, as well as (ii) allow the HoR to exercise its legislative, oversight, and representation functions such that it can become transparent, inclusive, responsive, and accountable to Libyan citizens (impact objectives). The achievement of these objectives will contribute to the Action’s overall goal: to foster a functioning, rights-based, participatory and representative democracy in Libya.
Based in Tunis – Tunisia, International IDEA seeks to appoint:
The Communications Officer will work to enhance content generated from within the EU funded project with a view to increasing programme awareness and providing visibility through managing the project’s online presence. These tasks require interfacing with multiple partners to gather information, prioritizing content, and staying ahead of news and events. The Communications Officer produces or compiles content including writing and editing of specific communication material. S/he is responsible for targeted dissemination of content for the promotion of the project’s activities, events and results. Primary areas of focus include media, outreach, programme newsletter, website and social media, as guided by the programme and donor’s communication and visibility plan. The Communications Officer will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager and in close collaboration with the Head of Programme.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Provides communication and media support to all partners within the project
- Regularly holds communication update meetings with the focal points of all partners to ensure they are well-informed about planned activities, upcoming events and campaigns; Coordinates the inputs from project partners
- Edits, compiles and uploads content generated by the project to the relevant communication forum as needed
- Undertakes regular media monitoring, contributes to and regularly updates the project’s press lists, contributes to Op-Eds and stories for media placement and assists in responding to media/press inquiries as required
- Maintains the project database, soliciting and including regular updates, as required
- Serves as a content editor; Writes and edits web articles, tweets, social media posts, press releases and other outreach content in Arabic and English, as necessary
- Creates clear infographics and digital assets for use online and in presentations
- Monitors and reports on impact and analytics; Generates monthly and quarterly analytics reports for all social media platforms
- Works in close coordination with the Head of Programme and Programme Manager to ensure that the project has an effective communication strategy according to the donor’s Communications and Visibility Strategy
- Ensures the implementation of an effective social media strategy for all social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), in accordance with International IDEA and donor guidelines, and reviews and updates these guidelines as needed
The Communications Officer must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or a related subject
- Minimum of three (3) years’ professional experience in a similar role or as a journalist or writer in communications for development, with a focus in social media
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain social media campaigns
- Experience with EU funded projects and requirements, as well as familiarity with their processes and systems is considered an advantage. Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively liaise with all programme partners and external stakeholders involved in his/her projects
- Ability to take the initiative to suggest creative solutions for social media platforms
- Excellent media relations skills
- Effective team player
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required; Knowledge of French would be considered an asset
Contract duration is 01 June 2022 – 31 May 2025.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Tunisia for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page email your application by Friday 06th May 2022 to email@example.com
- Job City Tunis