Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
West Africa Trade and Investment Hub:
- The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (here inafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach.
- By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to increase the access of working capital with financial actors, prevent job loss, and respond to supply shortages by scaling up local response.
- Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population.
- The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- The Communications Specialist will be responsible for contributing to the writing and editing activities operations of a USAID-funded rural livelihoods project in West Africa.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Communications Specialist will report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with the Senior Communications Officer.
- Support the development and implementation of the comprehensive annual communications plan that aligns with The Trade Hub s workplan that achieves the program’s internal and external communications goals;
- Follow USAID’s Branding and Marking Plan;
- Assist the Senior Communications Officer with activities that promote communication between The Trade Hub and the West Africa-based USAID Missions, including project content suitable for dissemination on USAID channels.
- Support the writing and/or editing USAID quarterly reports and other major USAID-required project documents;
- Provide administrative support to outside consultants (such as translators, photographers, videographers, etc.);
- Collaborate with HQ Communications team.
Writing & Editing:
- Identify and propose to the Communications Manager suitable stories, photo essays and other content that would appear in the newsletter, website and social media channels.
- Write assigned success stories, features and briefs for publication in The Trade Hub’s website and other channels, including USAID outlets.
- Place content on the program’s website, newsletterand social media channels; and
- Collaborate with HQ Communications to create and disseminate content through Creative’s channels.
Outreach & Events:
- Work on all communications aspects of events, including promotion, program content for program, registration materials and related items; and
- Setup, staff and pack up Trade Hub exhibits at events.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma required, BA degree highly desired.
- Must have 4 years of general work experience, A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Communicationsor other relevant fields, including journalism or public relations.
- Experience in social media content production.
- Language: English is required
- Strong writing and editing skills
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs.
- Candidates must be Nigerian l nationals.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF or word format as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted.
- Job City Abuja, Nigeria