The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is a five-year, flexible buy-in mechanism jointly managed by the USAID Africa Bureau, Middle East Bureau, and Africa Regional Missions. It was designed to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub-Saharan Africa. It strengthens Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the United States and African continent. It also works to achieve development outcomes across all sectors.
The Communications Specialist will work with the Project Team to design and manage all aspects of internal and external project communications. S/he will contribute to the development of high-quality knowledge and learning content including data visualizations, success stories, case studies, and other reporting that informs learning activities and adaptive management decisions. S/he will also support the promotion of project activities through key communication channels and will engage critical partners and communities of practice through strategic outreach and innovative communication practices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support alignment of ATI’s strategic communications efforts with ATI’s programmatic goals.
- Collaborate with the Senior Communications Director to develop and execute the project’s overall communications strategy (internal and external)
- Deliver high-quality writing and communications support. Develop communications materials including talking points and presentations, website and social media content, fact sheets, presentations, reports, and other collateral.
- Support ATI’s reporting to USAID, including Monthly Updates, Quarterly Progress Reports, Quarterly Financial Reports, Annual Reports, and the Final Report
- Work closely with ATI technical staff and subcontractors to identify and craft stories that showcase impact, lessons learned, and good practices
- Identify key events and other opportunities to mobilize capital that increases trade and investment in Africa
- Provide direct communications support to ATI buy-ins across Africa. This could include preparing communications materials, crafting and managing events, writing announcements, developing press releases, preparing presentations, and other communications needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager or Senior Communications Director
- Travel to regional offices as required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or another relevant field
- 8+ years of experience in communications, including drafting outreach materials, developing and implementing communications plans, and planning and implementing outreach and press events
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- The ability to absorb technical information quickly and make it interesting and digestible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in development communications on large, complex, multi-country USAID-funded projects is highly preferred
- Proven experience engaging diverse audiences and supporting grassroots communications efforts.
- Fluency in English required
The Communications Specialist will report to the ATI Communication Manager.
How to apply
Select the position in which you are interested in applying, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on the next steps.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Protection Associate at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Finance and Reporting Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Consultancy on Innovative financing for anticipatory action – RFP-RO01-002191 at Danish Refugee Council
- PROJECT COORDINATOR / DHIS2 DEVELOPER at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Human Resources Officer at New Incentives – 4 Openings