Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace-building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, Nutrition, education as well as governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator (CDF)
Locations: Rabah, Isa, and Illela LGAs, Sokoto
Employment Type: Full-time
Slots: 2 per LGA
- Lead in the implementation of community engagement and will be responsible for implementing project activities at the LGA level to strengthen community security and project acceptance by facilitating the overall mobilization of the communities.
- The community development facilitator would coordinate all CCDRN community mobilization efforts across the target location.
- S/he is a community-based member who will lead community-level processes such as supporting direct project implementation and scale-up activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as a CCDRN focal person for effective communication between community groups/leaders and the project team.
- Support the project team to ensure the commitment and involvement of relevant stakeholders at the community level (local authorities and community members) before, during, and after program implementation. Ensure stakeholders are properly mobilized for project activities and ensure equal and active participation among target stakeholders.
- Collect required data at field locations under the supervision of the Project Officers, and lead in identifying key community stakeholders for planned project activities.
- Support the formation and training of project management committees (PMCs).
- Under the supervision of the project lead, conduct community-level assessment and general community facilitation such as community sensitization and awareness campaign.
- Provide regular updates and other reports as required by the Project team to document the community’s progress and successes.
- Mobilize community-planned activities such as training, dialogue sessions, and monitoring.
- Engage with the community and LGA officials to facilitate planned activities under the supervision of the Project teams.
- Hold regular reviews or briefs to update the Project team on the community’s achievements, progress, challenges, and way forward.
- Identify the problems in the implementation process and propose solutions. Working closely with the target communities and community structures in the framework of the community.
- Provide continued on-the-ground support to all community stakeholders, helping organize and deliver project activities.
- Any other duty to be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts, Social Science, or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively working with stakeholders in the LGA
- Good understanding of the local political and economic context of the LGA.
- Creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically, and design catalytic intervention approaches.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve highly complex or sensitive issues.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents concisely in a well-organized manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to listen and help others understand complex ideas.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document in one email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location (LGA) as the subject of the mail.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Program Manager at Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)
- Human Resources Coordinator at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Project Development Manager at ACTED
- South Sudan Senior Operations Manager at Carter Center
- Data Consultant – South Sudan Guinea Worm Eradication Program (SSGWEP) at Carter Center