Overview of position: Community Engagement Officer
Our client has commenced a stabilization in the region of Bandiagara in Mali. The programme involves supporting the government in its efforts to enable people return to their homes and rebuild their lives after months of conflict. The main focus of the interventions are the return of State services, socio-economic revitalization and social cohesion. Our client will implement a large-scale cash for work programme in the targeted areas and the rehabilitation of administrative infrastructures. These activities will involve the use of local contractors. During the stabilization programme there will be constant engagement with local communities in terms of getting a deeper understanding of the causes of conflict, the challenges the community and agreeing interventions including cash for work activities, supporting small scale business and enhancing the capacity of women to address their specific concerns.
- The overall objective is to support the our client’s stabilization project in specific areas of Mali for developing community activities which contribute to helping communities restart their lives after the experience of the conflict.
- The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of community development projects as part of the our client stabilization programme in Mali.
- Visit local communities in the programme areas, hold meetings with representatives of these communities and develop specific responses to immediate needs faced by the people as they try to rebuild their lives after the impact of the conflict.
- Meet with relevant authorities on the technical level & align their needs within the implementation phase.
- Assist with community programmes including cash for work, establishing safe spaces for women and working with experts on community security.
- Prepare reports on activities at community level ensuring that programme implementation is monitored on a regular basis.
- Full participation of the community actors and officials is ensured
- Obstacles and difficulties are foreseen and appropriate solution are provided
- Reporting on progress on community involvement
- Monthly report
- Report on potential problems on project /program implementation
- Demonstrated interest / or experience in community mobilization is required.
- Good interpersonal, networking & communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken & written French is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Willingness to contribute & work as part of a team.
- Flexible & open to learning & new experiences.
- Respect for diversity & adaptability to other cultures, environments & living conditions.
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, social media & others).
- No. However it will require supervising people working on sites
- Experience in Bandiagara or Douentza region
- Fluent French; knowledge of local languages of Bandiagara and Douentza Region is an asset
- Job City Bandiagara