Overview of position: Community Finance Officer
Our client has commenced a stabilization in the region of Bandiagara in Mali. The programme involves supporting the government in its efforts to enable people return to their homes and rebuild their lives after months of conflict. The main focus of the interventions are the return of State services, socio-economic revitalization and social cohesion. Our client will implement a large-scale cash for work programme in the targeted areas and the rehabilitation of administrative infrastructures. These activities will involve the use of local contractors. During the stabilization programme there will be constant engagement with local communities in terms of getting a deeper understanding of the causes of conflict, the challenges the community and agreeing interventions including cash for work activities, supporting small scale business and enhancing the capacity of women to address their specific concerns.
- The overall objective is to support the our client’s stabilization project in specific areas of Mali for developing community activities which contribute to helping communities restart their lives after the experience of the conflict.
- Engages with beneficiaries of cash for work and cash transfer to capture their views, experiences, challenges and concerns
- Check the lists of the beneficiaries;
- Prepare and perform the payments;
- Interact with our client appropriate units to prepare and issue the payments;
- Interact with the bank and mobile money companies to make sure the payment are performed on a due time;
- Prepare workshops and all activities in finances domains.
- Reporting on progress on payment on weekly and monthly basis
- Report on potential problems on project /program implementation
- Demonstrated interest / or experience in finance is required.
- Good interpersonal, networking & communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken & written French is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Willingness to contribute & work as part of a team.
- Flexible & open to learning & new experiences.
- Respect for diversity & adaptability to other cultures, environments & living conditions. Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, social media & others).
- No. However it will require supervising people working on sites
- Accounting and finance in Bandiagara and Douentza region.
- Community engagement including civil societies
- Fluent French; knowledge of local languages of Bandiagara and Douentza Region is an asset
- Job City Bandiagara