Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
Location: Mafa & Bama – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Slots: 24 Openings (12 per location)
Duties and Responsibilities
Some common duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with daily living activities such as dispensing drugs to patients, ORS dilatation and using the home mix ORS.
- Respond to clients or patients according to their training
- Utilizing equipment to move patients when necessary
- Taking the patient’s vital signs such as blood pressure and temperature
- Talking to patients and reassuring.
- Health education on cholera prevention and other water borne diseases
- Attending meetings with other healthcare professionals
- Assisting nurses and other staff when needed
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to respond to the significant medical care needs of clients.
- Plan for and coordinate the delivery of medical care pre- and post-arrival.
- Assist with developing partnerships with local medical and mental health service providers.
- Provide health-related information to newly arrived clients during Cultural and Intake Orientations.
- Work with other staff to identify newly arrived clients for primary health care appointments and needed specialty care.
- Refer clients for specialist appointments.
- Assist with coordinating client access to transportation and interpretation services for health care appointments. Transport clients to and from doctor appointments if needed.
- Coordinate with colleagues and local health care providers to ensure clients have access to culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Assist with conducting routine wellness checks and connect families to appropriate services.
- Implement tracking system for client primary care and specialist appointments.
- Maintain open and effective communication with other programs as appropriate.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education (Essential): Certified Board Exams SCHEW
- Graduate of school of health technology (CHEW)
- Experience: 2 years and or field experiences
- Confidentiality, Team Player, ability to work with little or no supervision, people management.
- Community health extension workers CHEW must be well versed in a number of care and medical techniques. They must be informed about the most recent care techniques available and always be looking for ways to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadline team-work, negotiation skills and flexible working hours.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply!
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- CRM Assistant at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – 6 OPenings
- MEAL Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW) at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – 12 Openings
- Project Manager at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- Finance Lead at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)