Use your expertise and experience in inclusive community development to help shape the vital work and future direction of CBM Global Disability Inclusion; a dynamic INGO working alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives
The Community Mental Health Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager.
CBM Global Disability Inclusion (CBM Global) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities worldwide and in Burkina Faso.
The CBM Global Burkina Faso Country Office receives, amongst other CBM Global member associations, funding from CBM Global Switzerland for the implementation of several projects in various fields, including community mental health.
Mental health is a priority area for CBM Global and its health partners in Burkina Faso. As part of this partnership, two mental health projects are being implemented in five health districts, with new prospects from 2023 onwards.
To strengthen its support to local implementing partners and programmatic assistance, the CBM Global Burkina Faso Country Office is seeking applications for a Community Mental Health Programme Officer.
Working closely with local implementing partners, the Programme Officer ensures the coordination, programmatic planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the projects under his/her responsibility. He/she will be supported by CBM Global’s mental health advisors.
Based: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso with travel within and outside the country. We welcome applications from those with the right to work in Burkina Faso. We do not offer expatriate contracts.
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location. We only offer a local contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and support local partners in the implementation of the projects under his/her responsibility
- Update project plans as appropriate, ensure effective monitoring and measures of quality, as well as reporting, together with local partners
- Assess and validate the terms of reference for the implementation of activities
- Alert partners to any shortcomings (delays, non-compliance with quality standards, various risks) and propose remedial measures
- Ensure project budget monitoring and compliance with administrative, financial and HR procedures, with the support of the CBM Finance Manager
- Ensure reporting according to the CBM Global computerised project monitoring system and quality standards
- Represent CBM Global at meetings, conferences, workshops, and site visits
- Build collaborative relationships with international and government entities and non-governmental organisations with a view to developing new programmes
- Capitalise on inclusion (disability mainstreaming) and ensure its technical development in the projects under his/her responsibility
- Ensure effective coordination between implementing partners
- Act as a bridge between the CBM Global Burkina Faso Country Office, project implementing partners, and mental health advisors
- Provide analytic, programmatic and strategic input to the identification and development of new mental health projects
- Contribute to the drafting and monitoring of partnership contracts (rights and obligations)
- Ensure the conduct of midterm and final project evaluations, including the development of plans to implement the recommendations according to CBM Global’s and international evaluation standards
- Contribute to the drafting of other types of reports produced by the CBM Global Burkina Faso Country Office
- Ensure the identification of partners’ capacity building needs and the implementation of measures to address them
- Provide support and advice to partners and beneficiaries on compliance with procedures, and ensure effective transfer of skills
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate accountability mechanisms for partners (complaints/feedback)
- Contribute to the documentation, sharing and dissemination of good practice with all project actors at both the community and national levels
- Contribute to the analysis of the security environment in the areas of intervention
How to apply
Please click here Burkina Faso: Community Mental Health Programme Officer | CBM Global (cbm-global.org) to download the Recruitment Pack for more information and how to apply. For enquiries, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 5th April 2022