Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Associate
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring WEWE’s full compliance with the Nine Statutory regulations and other secondary regulators such as:
- Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- National Housing Fund (NHF)
- Industrial Training Funding (ITF)
- Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS)
- State Inland Revenue (SIRS).
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- The Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (“SCUML”)
- Ensure all withholding is remitted as and as when due
- Process annual organizational tax clearance
- Ensure PAYE tax is remitted to the relevant tax authority
- Ensure monthly remittance of staff pension benefit to the relevant pension managers by the Organization.
- Processing of all regulatory bodies’ compliance certificate – such as PENCOM Certificate and NSITF Annual Certificate
- Periodically Identify non-compliance issues and provide advice on required remediation
- File and document compliance activities and reports with regulatory agencies
- Report to management and the Board of Directors on compliance program
- Develop an annual work plan to increase WEWE’s level of compliance
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must possess a Second Class Upper/Upper Credit or above
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Skills in working with statutory bodies will be added advantage.
N100,000 – N150,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job through the application link.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Chief of Party – Ending Nigeria Ocean Plastics Pollution (ENOPP) Activity at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
- Technical Officer – Protection at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN)
- Project Coordinator – Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) & Protection at Women in the New Nigeria (WINN)
- Senior Technical Advisor, Database Management, GIS, & Data Visualization at Family Health International (FHI 360)