JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Compliance Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Compliance Manager will ensure controls are established to minimize risk. S/he will be responsible for supporting operations of the project to ensure adherence to regulatory standards, donor fiduciary policies and procedures, and industry best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Auditing and Financial Compliance (60%)
- Support in the design and execution of operational audits to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Develop a targeted, risk-based, and coherent annual audit/compliance plan, disseminate the plan to management and core operations teams and ensure strict adherence/implementation of the plan within stipulated timelines
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and investigation of compliance issues to ensure that procedures are followed and prepare detailed findings memoranda for management and advise on next steps
- Work closely with the Chief Internal Auditor to monitor implementation of these processes and for clarity of communication of the processes
- Manage project and statutory audits, including organizing teams, checking compliance with donor polices and applicable laws, detecting control weaknesses, and verifying financial records
- Review of 3PL invoice processing for compliance as it relates to the Procurement, W&D Analytics, Laboratory Program, and Finance Teams
- Perform audit assignments, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related donor transactions
- Under the supervision of the Chief Internal Auditor perform assurance reviews of the projects’ procurement and financial records to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures by understanding and documenting business processes, interpret policies and procedures, and evaluate key risks
- Examines physical and electronic vouchers against organizational policies and procedures
- Assesses completeness of substantiating documents against contractual terms and conditions
- Maintains a database of record-keeping recommendations and observations
- Reviews and develops procedures to mitigate the risk of fraud and wastage
Business process analysis, design, implementation, and management (20%)
- Consult and provide guidance and information to internal clients on process development or redesign initiatives
- Manage and negotiate the timelines of the process improvement projects focusing on the development, implementation, administration and operation of new business processes and strategies
- Identifies physical and electronic filing trends across all vouchers and makes filing process improvement recommendations, when relevant
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems that result in improved operational efficiency and reduced organizational risk
- Monitor and provide updates on post-implementation and conformance reviews with a focus on continuous improvement and compliance
- Act as a main business process improvement expertise contact point and provide direction, mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff providing them ongoing support in process design, process support and process operations
- Support on developing new partnership mechanisms processes, SOPs, etc.
- Advise internal clients on the issues and problems that may arise as process implementation activities and improvements occur
- Keep abreast with the organization policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local legislation
On-boarding and training facilitation for functions worldwide (10%)
- Facilitate on-boarding and training programs to provide staff with the tools needed to perform their duties in an effective and efficient manner in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures
Management and Supervision (10%)
- Manage the work of the Internal Audit Consultants and Interns that support the various teams.
- Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and agreeing goals and work plans, meeting with supervisees on a regular basis to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work performed; conducting Performance Plan and Reviews; communicating, implementing and assuring adherence to organizational policies, guidelines and values; developing staff skills and knowledge; approving time sheets; and facilitating supervisee success whenever possible
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
- Minimum of 6 years of audit-related work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or accounting required; Lead Audit or Accounting certification from reputable certifying body or an Advanced Degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively lead meetings and conduct presentations
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others, identify root causes, and drive results
- Experience with aspects of federal cost reimbursement practices, such as the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and USAID/the Global Fund regulations strongly desirable
- Prior work experience with non-USG, foundations and other donors desirable
- Experience building capacity/ training diverse groups highly desirable, both in a classroom or in an electronic setting
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ and understand the holistic approach to process improvement and innovation
- Able to motivate, gain buy in, and effectively solicit input from staff affected by the changes and improvements in business processes
- To continue process innovation, must be meticulous, self-motivated, and with excellent interpersonal skills
The Compliance Manager will report directly to the Compliance Director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to apply
Qualified Applicants should click the link below to view the JD/scope of work and apply: https://chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com/