Windle International Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement on education projects.
Windle International Kenya is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Construction Officer. The Construction Officer (CO) is responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of the construction process from the conceptual development stage through post occupancy and warranty period, in a timely and cost effective manner. The CO oversees the organization, planning, bidding, scheduling, and implementation of the construction and is required to travel between sites to ensure compliance with quality standards. The CO is expected to manage WIK’s construction & rehabilitation projects and provide engineering inputs for quality construction works in both Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee Camp.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The individual recruited for this position will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Schedule and coordinate all design and construction processes
- Evaluate and help determine appropriate construction delivery systems and the most cost-effective plan and schedule for completing the project
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities
- Facilitate development of construction project proposals, design, bidding and plans
- Review engineering and architectural drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical input in improving construction works
- A degree in construction management, building or civil engineering or related field
- Four years of working experience in a similar role
- Forward planner with exceptional people skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge on computers and building construction software programmes
- Ability to coordinate several major construction activities at once, while analysing and resolving specific problems
- An understanding of engineering, architectural and other construction drawings
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through the link, Deadline for applications is Monday 5th September 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp