Responsible Manager: Deputy Regional Representative for Americas Region
Additional Management Support: Learning Delivery Lead
Date advertised: 2nd December 2021
Consultancy duration: 18 total days (to be divided among training team)
Time frame: February – May 2022
Location: Consultancy will be home-based
CaLP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organizations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. Collectively, CaLP members deliver the vast majority of humanitarian CVA worldwide.
What makes CaLP unique is its diversity. CaLP members currently include local and international non governmental organizations, United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent Movement, donors, specialist social innovation, technology and financial services companies, researchers and academics, and individual practitioners.
Together we seek to better meet the needs and improve the outcomes for people affected by crisis. To do this we ensure that CVA is a central, scalable component of quality, timely and appropriate humanitarian assistance, and that the need to sustain positive outcomes for people over the longer term is considered.
We envision a future where people are enabled to overcome crises with dignity, by exercising choice and their right to self-determination. This helps to sustain their well-being over time.
To do this we catalyze the power, knowledge and capacities of our diverse global network, alongside other local, national, regional and global actors, all of whom are seeking to secure better outcomes for people living in crisis contexts. Our role as a collective is to generate alignment in the approaches and actions of those within and across our network, in order to help optimize the quality and scale of humanitarian CVA.
Context for the work
CaLP has developed an ambitious project to support the delivery of its flagship training course, Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff, via an online platform. The 5-day face to face training course has been adapted and restructured for self-directed and online delivery via a range of media over 12 weeks. By developing the CaLP Online: Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff course, (for online delivery) CaLP hopes to reach more humanitarian staff in hard-to-access locations where face-to-face trainings are harder to arrange, as well as adapting our training models to fit a post-COVID 19 world in which face to-face trainings may be less desirable or more complicated to manage safely.
CaLP is looking for a team of certified trainers, ideally with experience of delivering this course either face-to-face or online, and who have attended a TOT for the online course, to deliver CaLP Online: Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff on CaLP’s behalf to humanitarian practitioners.
Specific task(s) of the consultancy
This consultancy will lead the facilitation of the online course over the 12 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE WILL BE RUN IN SPANISH.
We are looking for a training team with 2 facilitators to run this course, with one taking a lead role and the other in supporting/co-facilitation role. The division of days within the consultancy is up to the training team to decide, and should be included in the written proposal.
Key activities of the consultancy include (with estimated number of days in parentheses):
Lead the facilitation of this online course (18 days spread over approximately 14 weeks), including:
- Updating the learner pack as appropriate (with cohort-specific information such as online workshop dates) and forward it to participants
- Lead all participant communications during the course, including setting up a social learning platform (e.g., Skype group, Teams channel or similar)
- Set up and prepare all Zoom meetings and breakout rooms/polls in advance
- Set up and prepare all Miro boards or similar whiteboards for group work activities
- Review all submitted group work and provide feedback as needed
- Deliver 6 x online workshops and update attendance tracker regularly
During the delivery of this course, it is expected that the facilitators will communicate regularly with CALP’s learning team, and the CaLP team will provide Kaya admin support, as well as weekly Kaya completion reports to enable the facilitators to track participant’s achievements over the 12 weeks.
Key Deliverables/Outputs During the consultancy, the following outputs will be expected:
a) 1 x Online course fully delivered, in English, over 12 weeks
b) 1 x Training report on completion of the training course (CaLP will provide a template for this)
Time Schedule & Project Duration
The training is scheduled to begin on or around 14th February 2022
All activities of this consultancy are expected to be completed by 15th May 2022 3
This piece of work is commissioned by Action Against Hunger on behalf of the Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP). The Americas Regional Representative will manage the consultant, with the support of the Learning Delivery Lead.
Milestones & Payment Schedule
100% payment on completion of the course and delivery of the training report.
Essential profile of the consultant
For this piece of work, CaLP is looking for the following expertise:
• Both facilitators must be CaLP-Certified to deliver the online course (must have attended a CaLP TOT on the online course and been approved by CaLP to deliver the online course)
• Demonstrated experience of training course delivery, especially with CVA course content and online content delivery.
• Experience delivering webinar-based courses or online courses and facilitating remote meetings is highly desired.
• Consultant should ideally have delivered the CaLP Core CVA skills for Programme staff face to face course and be very familiar with the F2F materials.
• Fluent Spanish language skills are required.
• The consultants should have their own Miro and Zoom licenses, or licenses to equivalent software to run this course.
How to apply
Action Against Hunger US invites potential candidates to send their submission package, which should include:
- CV, detailing qualifications.
- A maximum of 4 pages outlining the consultant’s understanding of ToR and proposed methodology, tools and techniques to conduct assignment, financial proposal with itemized fees and costs
- Detailed Workplan based on ToR and deliverables, indicating preferred language (English or Spanish) for the final deliverables
Interested consultants should submit proposal package to the following email address: *email@example.com Cc Marta.Coppel@calpnetwork.org Deadline for submission: 20th December, 2021.**