Swisscontact is implementing the Skills for Life (S4L) Project, a 3-year project whose goal is to; promote socio-economic integration of refugees and their host communities in Kakuma and Kalobeyei through enhancing self/employment, job creation and income generation.
The Skills for Life project is looking to engage a trainer to conduct a Training of Trainers’ workshop for 20 Resource persons (15 Community Based Trainers and 5 Entrepreneurship/Financial literacy facilitators). The resource persons will be tasked to offer Business coaching support to target business owners with an aim of developing skills sets that would influence behavioral changes, address problems in business and be able to compete with other entrepreneurs in the labour market.
Objective of the assignment
The principal objective of the assignment is to provide Business coaching skills to 20 resource persons in the project.
· 20 Resource persons gain the capacity to coach the beneficiaries in specific skill area.
· Comprehensive final report that considers any comments, suggestions made, conclusions and recommendations based on lessons learned for future interventions
· Samples of Business coaching monitoring and reporting tools.
· Power point presentation of the training and any other relevant materials
The specific tasks to be undertaken by the consultant include:
· Preparing specifications for a training session.
· Formulating learning objectives.
· Defining aids and teaching materials to facilitate training activities.
· Using different facilitation techniques.
· Managing a training session
· Develop Business coaching monitoring and reporting tools
· Evaluating a training session
Consultancy Period: 21st – 25th March 2022
Contract duration: 5 Days
Place of work: Kakuma, Kenya.
Consultancy Type: Open to Kenyan Nationals only
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant themes such as Business Administration, Development Studies or Entrepreneurship. Additional qualifications in Enterprise Development, Value-Chains will be an added advantege.
· At least 5 years of extensive working experience in conducting trainings and consulting in provision of services by NGOs, Public sector, Private sector, marketing and small business development.
· Sound analytical and technical competence in the subject matter
· Have conducted similar exercise in the recent past
· Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentation
· Demonstrate high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in high pressure situations under tight deadlines.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit an expression of interest including:
· Proposal document which shows how the consultant intends to carry out the consultancy work (workplan, methodology, financial breakdown)
· CV containing details of qualifications, experience and names of three professional referees.
· Evidence of similar engagements in the past;
Interested consultants should submit their proposals (technical and financial) to the Project Manager via: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to submit a complete offer and will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 13th, 2022. The subject of the email should be: S4L Business Coaching Trainer
For further information please visit**:**