Background – Scope of the Consultancy
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization working in Myanmar since 2009 in response to cyclone Nargis, and currently supporting operations in three different States (Kachin, Northern Shan, and Rakhine). DRC aims to make available immediate relief and protection to displaced people and vulnerable host communities in an impartial, inclusive and neutral manner, adhering to DRC’s Code of Conduct and core Humanitarian Principles. DRC Myanmar maintains operational presence in all of our areas of operations, but has switched to remote management and remote monitoring for many activities due to access challenges linked to a variety of factors. As a mission with a humanitarian mandate with a large operational footprint and complex business processes, DRC Myanmar seeks to enhance its remote management system through information management support.
Objectives of the Consultancy
DRC Myanmar is seeking a consultant/Company that is able to provide information management support to our program and operational teams in the Yangon Country Office and Kachin, Northern Shan and Rakhine Area Offices.
This will include the development of a comprehensive Information Management architecture in cooperation with DRC stakeholders at global, country and area level, as well as the roll out of the architecture mission-wide to establish a system of storing and sharing information in DRC Myanmar.
The aim is to improve information management systems within DRC Myanmar as a sub-work stream of strengthening remote program management systems.
This is to be in line with information storing and sharing protocols, ensuring that valuable information is not lost, and to increase effectiveness of our business processes. The consultant should have a strong understanding of Microsoft 365, information management and security, and have demonstrated ability to lead a strategic and operational information management roll-out.
Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables
The consultant will report to the Head of Programmes, with specific task leads to be assigned per specific sub-projects.
· Consultations with DRC Business Leads from Program and Support to design a SharePoint architecture – by analysing pre-existing SharePoint sites and and other information sharing platforms. Special attention should be paid to creating a horizontal structure, defining confidential content, and assessing which SharePoint interface is a best fit for each business area of DRC Myanmar.
· Develop and present for SMT approval:
- Final draft of the Share Point architecture – a centralised filing and collaborating system with linked SharePoint sites, libraries and folders.
· Set-Up the DRC Myanmar SharePoint as per signed off architecture, including various interfaces as deemed fit (ExtraNet, Teams, etc.).
o Ensure the migration of existing documentation from each AO and CO
· Introduction of the DRC Myanmar SharePoint to All Staff involved in the use of SharePoint.
o Provide a checklist for staff on what needs to be included in the various SharePoint folders
o Develop a timeline for the sharepoints to be fully updated with relevant documentation
· Capacity building of DRC Myanmar employees for ToT to use SharePoint in a productive and effective manner for business processes – including roll-out of drafted protocols through direct capacity building to DRC Myanmar employees involved in the use of SharePoint. This is to be done in close coordination with IT at Country, Regional and HQ Offices.
· Lead the migration of previously created DRC MMR SharePoint sites and other information sharing platforms to the new SharePoint – in coordination with DRC IT in Myanmar and HQ.
Profile of the Candidate
Your Experience must include:
· Demonstrated experience in delivery of the work proposed in the TOR
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Management and Security, specifically related to the use of Microsoft 365 (SharePoint and Teams)
- Understanding of the centrality of data protection in IM/able to comply with DRC’s protection approach
- Ability to coordinate with a wide range of internal stakeholders from global, country, area level – including HQ IT leads, Myanmar Country Office Senior Management Team and Heads of Departments, and Myanmar Area Offices implementing managers and employees in program and operations departments.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft 356 (SharePoint and Teams) functionalities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and according to tight deadlines.
DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. In order to apply for this consultancy, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal of how you would achieve the objectives of this consultancy
- Overview of technical capabilities and existing capacities
- Current resume of proposed staff
- Examples of work of a similar kind with identified referees who can vouch for the work
- Detailed budget – with a per day consultancy rate
- Request for Quotations (RFQ form)
- Supplier Profile and Registration
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- General Conditions of Contract for Procurement
Interested companies or individual are to submit applications on or before 4 PM (local Myanmar time) on 5th December 2021.
Danish Refugee Council are equal opportunity employers and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. **
How to apply
Please download full RFQ package on: http://themimu.info/
You must submit your full RFQ package by email to the following dedicated, secure & controlled email address: to email@example.com, please download full RFQ package at provided link.
THE RFQ BID FORM CANNOT BE EMAILED TO ANY OTHER DRC EMAIL ADDRESS. Any Bids not received on the official DRC Bid Form, or in a sealed envelope may be disqualified for non-compliance with these RFQ Instructions.