Kindernothilfe e.V. (KNH) in Duisburg, Germany, sees itself as an international children’s rights organisation with Christian values. The right of children to protection from violence is a central concern of ours. Our cooperation with local partner organisations includes measures for prevention, support for children affected by violence and work with stakeholders and duty bearers. Advocacy and information campaigns help strengthen child protection systems and raise public awareness of children’s rights.
What we are looking for:
For the further impact-oriented design of our work in the thematic area, we are looking for an external consultancy. In the form of a study, the consultancy is to document our current engagement in the area of reducing violence against children in our various spheres of work and to evaluate our efforts against the background of internationally recognised standards, developed KNH concepts and good practices.
The study is to be carried out in the period from December 2021/January 2022 to August 2022.
- A documentation of the scope, key strategies and effectiveness of KNH’s work to end violence against children at home and abroad.
- An identification of particularly promising approaches, from the individual to the multinational level.
- A collection of good practices for child-led initiatives from our projects
- An assessment of the relevance, effectiveness, efficacy and expected sustainability of the documented approaches, against the background of internationally recognised standards and strategies (e.g. INSPIRE) and developed KNH concepts.
- A formulation of targeted recommendations for the design of impact-oriented project and programme work
- A desk study of KNH working documents with an evaluation of project reports
- In-depth interviews with KNH staff in the listed areas of work and with employees of the KNH country coordination structures
- The collection of additional information on selected projects from partner organisations (e.g. in the context of case studies).
- A collection and evaluation of sound bites from participants and affected persons from se-lected projects with the help of suitable media and with the mediation of KNH.
- (Where appropriate) Online workshops with selected partner organisations and/or children on specific topics/issues.
According to our assessment, the work on the study can largely take place at the place of work/residence of the external consultancy. If the external consultancy is based in Germany or in a neighbouring country, working meetings at the KNH site in Duisburg are also desirable as far as the pandemic situation allows.
- A very good professional background in development cooperation and preferably in the field of children’s rights / violence against children with an in-depth knowledge of internationally accepted standards and best practices (e.g. INSPIRE).
- Very good knowledge and extensive experience in empirical data collection methods and in data analysis
- Previous experience in remote work with local partners (surveys, interviews, workshops…) in different project countries
- Experience in working with children in compliance with all ethical standards
- Very good editorial skills which allow the consultants to organise, formulate and present thematic issues in an appealing way for a diverse audience. Experience of similar work must be demonstrated; we would be pleased to receive samples of your work.
- Very good English and Spanish language skills (additional Portuguese language skills are an asset)
How to apply
The application documents must be submitted in English. Application is possible for individuals as well as for a consulting tandem or team. Sufficient evidence of the required subject-related and editorial qualifications and previous experience must be provided.
In a meaningful technical proposal section, the planned procedure is to be presented with a proposed time schedule and (if applicable) with supplementary methodological suggestions. If several persons will be involved in conducting the study, their respective contribution must be described.
The documents must be supplemented by a sufficiently detailed financial offer.
The extended TOR are accessible via this link:
The offer must be received by Kindernothilfe by November 30th, 2021 and must be sent electronically to Barbara.Winker@knh.de