For details of the TOR, please click here
HelpAge International is a registered charity in the UK, leading an international network focused on ageing issues and supporting older people globally. HelpAge works with 171 partners in 90 countries to help older people claim their rights and challenge discrimination and poverty, so that they can lead dignified, secure, active and healthy lives. HelpAge operates through a Global Team with staff based across the world. Through this structure HelpAge delivers its Strategy 2030.
Objective and Scope
HelpAge International is planning to hold its annual Board meeting for 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda and therefore will need the services of an experience individual or firm to handle the logistic preparation for the forthcoming planned meeting. The project will be sponsored by the CEO’s office and managed by Obinna Chijioke.
The Consultant will produce a body of work focused on the delivery of the overall logistics pertaining to the HelpAge International board meeting which will be hosted in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Consultant will work with HelpAge International to ensure that in the run up to, and the actual execution of the Board meeting, all the logistical arrangements are fully covered and adequately handled.
Key Competences and requirements
- Fully registered firm or individual to operate in Rwanda with proof of a registration certificate/licence
- Reasonable experience in handling similar tasks for/on behalf of organisations particularly NGOs/INGOs will be an added advantage
- Better understanding of the legislative and/or touristic requirements of foreigners in Rwanda
- Experience in handling guests and coordinating logistical support for visitors from different cultural backgrounds
- Experience in coordinating activities in a remote setting efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent customer care services
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. French and/or Arabic will be an added advantage
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge shares our values and is committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, sex, Marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief.
Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy
The consultant will be working on behalf of HelpAge and will be required to sign and adhere to the HelpAge Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
The consultant will assure the participants the confidentiality and will assure the data is protected and used for agreed purpose only. As regards the documenation, the title rights, copyrights, and all other rights of whatever nature in any materials used or generated under the provisions of this consultancy will exclusively be vested with HelpAge International.
Diversity & Inclusion
HelpAge International is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all its employees/consultants while extending the culture of inclusion into our work.
We believe that our workforce should reflect the wide diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be elevated and intentionally integrated into our work. We embrace difference and diversity of identity, experience, and thought, and actively strive for inclusive behaviors across our organization and work regardless of gender, race, disability, age, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, marital status, pregnancy, social status, and political beliefs.
How to apply
To apply for this consultancy at HelpAge, please read the details of the TOR, study the requirements and submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) including:
- Technical proposal (maximum 3 pages) including: brief profile of the consultant, understanding of the TOR and key contacts from similar work carried.
- Financial proposal: The financial proposal should provide cost estimates for services rendered including professional fees and other costs (if any) to carry out the assignment. The consultant will be responsible for their own tax obligations (that may be deducted from the consultancy amount)
All interested individuals or consultancy firms are requested to express interest by sending proposals via email while stating the email subject as “ Consultancy: Logistical support in Rwanda” to: HelpAge-HR@helpage.org by close of business Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
Early expression of interest is encouraged as Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis due to the urgency to conduct this consultancy.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Funding Advisor Sahel at Norwegian Church Aid
- Junior Expert on Rules of Origin at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Country Director (data, research, and analytics) at Laterite
- CBO and SME Engagement Officer at Chemonics
- Southern Africa Regional Food Security Specialist at Chemonics