Save the Children (SC) Mali requires consultancy services to fulfil the following key requirements for its application to the Green Climate Fund. SC has divided these into two lots with consultants able to apply for each individually or both collectively. They are:
- Lot 1 – Completed pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, funding proposal, and additional funding proposal annexes; and,
- Lot 2 – Financial and Governance Systems Analysis.
Please find additional detail in the Expected Deliverables section below. The completed deliverables must meet the requirements of the Green Climate Fund as described in the Green Climate Fund Programming Manual.
Location and official travel involved
The consulting team will carry out the work remotely, with periodic in-person meetings at the Save the Children office in Mali as needed and agreed. No office space will be provided by Save the Children.
Additionally, the consulting team will collect field data in Gao, Toumboutou, Mopti, Segou, Koulikoro during field data collection and testing. Any required travel will need pre-approval by SCI in accordance with SCI’s Travel Policy and applicable RO/CO Expense Policy.
Experience and skill set required
Lot 1 – Completed pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, funding proposal, and additional funding proposal annexes
- GCF Funding Proposal development experience
- Mali and/or West Africa experience
- Experience developing or refining climate rationale for GCF proposals (including applying historic data and climate models to drive programming decisions)
- Experience in GESI analysis and integration
- Technical experience in Climate Smart Agriculture, Agroforestry, and Ecosystem-based Adaptation and knowledge of their linkage to climate change adaptation, resilience building, and GHG mitigation actions.
- Advanced GCF logframe skills and understanding of the GCF’s approach to M&E
- Experience in responding to the GCF investment criteria and project sustainability
- GCF experience in the theory of change design and causal linkages
- Experience in undertaking indicators and/or perception-based vulnerability assessments for climate hazards
- Project management and implementation experience in Mali and/or West Africa
- Experience in undertaking private sector and value chain analysis in agriculture and allied sectors (e.g., crops, livestock, forestry, and fishery), including life cycle assessment
- Advanced financial literacy with strong economic and financial analysis skills to assess project activities
- Ability to undertake political/conflict sensitivity analysis
- Understanding of child rights frameworks and approaches
- Track record in stakeholder management and consultations
- Proficiency in verbal and written English and working verbal and written knowledge of French
Lot 2 – Financial and Governance Systems Analysis
- Experience assessing government financial and governance systems
- Experience designing and implementing project-level financial management and control systems
- Experience working with the government of Mali in financial and project management
Proficiency in verbal and written French and working verbal and written knowledge of English
How to apply
Interested bidders please visit Green Climate Fund – Mali Funding Proposal Design Package | Save the Children International to download the full proposal package and Terms of Reference including more detailed instructions on how to submit an application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Security Analyst Consultant (Cameroonian National) at World Bank
- BHA – Programme Coordinator – DRC at Concern Worldwide
- Administrative Assistant – Nigeria SCALE at Palladium Group
- Young Innovation Officer (Midwives / Nurses / Social Works) at Society for Family Health (SFH) – Nasarawa
- Young Innovation Officer (Midwives / Nurses / Social Works) at Society for Family Health (SFH) – Jigawa