The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Building Basics Terms of Reference (ToR)
Requisition ID: req28813
Location: Maiduguri & Gwoza – Borno / Mubi – Adamawa / Yobe – Damaturu
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Part-Time
Timeframe: This consultancy assignment is anticipated to start July 25th – 26th of August 2022.
- Building Basics is a program geared towards strengthening the basic skills of IRC front-line staff.
- In line with staff developmental needs, the learning categories for this include, project and program management, and communications.
- Basic skill to be developed (project management, communications / facilitation topic).
- Communications / Facilitation – Communication, Training Facilitation Skills, Conflict Resolution and Emotional Intelligence. (Team and diversity Management)
- Our country program is spread across 3 states and 8 locations, however, for security and logistical reasons, we will hold the trainings in 3 locations – Maiduguri, Gwoza, Mubi and Damaturu which are in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states respectively. These locations hold the greater number of our staff.
- The Facilitators will travel across the locations for the trainings and shall be supported by the HR Teams in those locations.
- These trainings shall be carried out in a classroom setting and in batches where there are many staff.
- The consultant is expected to design and produce slides and diagrams to be used for this training and it is expected that the consultant will use a mixture of qualitative and imaginative methodology for conducting these training.
It is anticipated that after these trainings, the following results will be evidenced in the trained staff with a cascade to direct reports and other staff:
- More staff will have enhanced Program Management Skills
- Better and improved Communication and Team building initiatives amongst staff especially new Team leads.
- The training should provide the tools to increase staff skills at various levels.
- The training should provide opportunities for staff to grow in their present role.
- Staff should be equipped with the requisite basic skills for conflict resolution.
- Increased staff Emotional intelligence.
Building Basics Expression of Interest:
- The IRC welcomes expressions of interest from seasoned consultants, individuals or firms in academia, social works, project management, Psychology or humanities background in humanitarian facilitation or related fields.
The lead consultants should possess:
- Master’s Degree or higher certificates in Social Works, Humanities, Law, Psychology, Human Resources and or Humanitarian Work.
- Extensive experience in conducting facilitation in humanitarian context.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in the humanitarian or any related context.
- Experience in facilitating a diverse and large group of participants.
- In-depth knowledge of qualitative research methods to suit given content.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and writing/oral skills in English.
- The consultant should have experience in delivering solution oriented the consultant must have extensive experience in similar trainings
- Consultant should have knowledge of the BAY states and experience of working in our areas of operation is a MUST.
- Consultant should be flexible to changes in time and dates and be willing to travel at short notice to our deep field locations
- Consultant might be assigned to work with another Consultant so should be willing to adapt to style and methodology between them, which will be in the interest of the staff.
Application Closing Date
11th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: NGHR.ConsultantsApplications@rescue.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applications should be Addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Coordinator,
The IRC Nigeria Country Program,
Plot 902, Olu Awotesu Street,
Expression of interest applications should include:
- A clear understanding of the TOR, SOW, and context.
- CV of prospective consultants
- Samples of previous successful similar assignments
- Financial Costs excluding logistics (IRC will cover for flights, accommodation and Meals using IRC approved perdiem rates.
Note: Applications lacking any of the above requirements will not be considered.
- Project Director at Internews
- Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger
- Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Organizational Development Subject Matter Expert at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Country Economist at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Family Health International (FHI 360) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
- Area Support Coordinator at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)