Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Coach – Health Care Worker
Total Number of days: 40 – 50 days
Supervision: Senior Program Officer, RCCE/TB
- Working in collaboration with national stakeholders – Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCP), Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN), National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), and service delivery partners, Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria will be deploying a collaborative learning approach to build trust & empathy among health care workers, frontline workers, and the communities they serve, that will ultimately lead to increased uptake of COVID-19 vaccines and testing by the general population and PLHIV.
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is looking for qualified Short-Term Consultant to serve as coach in Sokoto state. The coach will support and facilitate the collaborative learning approach, which entails in-person training as well as virtual knowledge sharing and learning support through facilitated WhatsApp Groups and interactive voice response (IVR) course.
Scope of Work
- Coordinate with Consultant Trainer to engage state, LGA and health sector leadership on the planned capacity building by Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria for health care workers
- Participate in a National or State Training-of-Trainers (TOT)
- Develop a training plan after mapping primary health care facilities and frontline workers in collaboration with stakeholders and service delivery partners
- Coordinate and facilitate training for primary health care workers and frontline workers, such as community volunteers, case managers, peer navigators, supervisors and community actions groups to integrate COVID-19 prevention, testing, and vaccine messages into their activities, using Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria’s “Building Trust & Empathy during COVID” curriculum
- Coordinate with BA-N focal person and consultant trainer to incorporate a coaching methodology using WhatsApp groups or other platforms. The goal will be to foster a peer-to-peer exchange & support group to promote discussion related to specific cases encountered, and continuing learning by discussing and reflecting upon audiovisual learning materials and other job aids.
- Coordinate with Consultant Trainer to identify Champion Health Care Workers (i.e., those who have already been vaccinated, completed the training, and are willing to speak to fellow health care workers about promoting COVID testing and vaccines) that will receive additional training
- Submit monthly training reports with all of the pre/post-tests analysis from training participants and coaching logbooks recording number of participants in the WhatsApp Group, number that have posted to the group, and key topics.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- A Degree in Social or Behaviour Science or related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience with good knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector
- Proven experience in training and building capacity for community health organizations or structures
- Must have an understanding of local language and context
- Strong analytical, communication, computer and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Resident within and ability to work in the selected state.
- Ability to travel within the state.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Sokoto