The Inspection and Evaluation Division (IED) at the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from qualified junior to mid-level evaluation consultants to assist in conducting an outcome evaluation of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
The evaluation will assess UNMISS’ contribution to strengthening rule of law through support to justice initiatives and promotion of human rights in South Sudan. The evaluation is scheduled to take place in 2022. The role of the consultant is to support the OIOS-IED evaluation team in data collection and analysis during the period June – November 2022. Typical tasks include conducting interviews and/or focus group discussions, contributing to outcome harvesting facilitation, desk review of documents, analysis of secondary data, consolidating interview and briefing notes, among others.
The call is open to both national and international individual consultants currently based in South Sudan and/or East Africa. We expect the consultant(s) to be able and willing to travel around South Sudan, including rural areas. Travel and living costs will be borne by OIOS.
OIOS daily fees for junior to-mid-level evaluation consultants range from 180 USD to 400 USD per day (rates will be determined based on candidate skills and experience as well as complexity of the assignment). The estimated total number of days of the consultancy is 50 days and may be revised during the course of the evaluation.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design, and conduct of programme evaluations in the areas of international development, humanitarian, conflict or post-conflict settings, social sciences or related areas
- Sound knowledge of evaluation standards, methods and terminology (including outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, theories of change, culturally responsive evaluation practice)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Juba Arabic is desirable. Ability to converse in additional South Sudanese languages is preferred.
- Experience in remote data collection or/and fieldwork in conflict or post-conflict settings (including ability and willingness to travel to remote regions of South Sudan for data collection)
- Experience in research or evaluation in the rule of law area (justice and corrections, human rights issues) is an asset
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their EoI to Jillian Baker at email@example.com with an up-to-date CV and one-page cover letter that highlights how their background and past experience is of direct relevance to the evaluation topic and above described role. The deadline to submit expressions of interest is by close of business on 11 May 2022.
- Job City South Sudan