CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Position title: Consultant Radiologist (15 positions)
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration of Assignment: 11 months (with possibility of extension)
Organizational unit: Migration Health Department
Reporting directly to: National Radiology Officer
Overall supervision by: Regional Radiology Coordinator
Managerial responsibility: None
CFA No: IOMRONBO/CFA/005/2023
Directly reporting staff: None
Estimated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 174 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Radiology Coordinator, the direct supervision of the National Radiology Officer the incumbent will provide support and be part of the pool of radiologists in the IOM Africa Teleradiology hub for onsite sessional shift-based radiological services and will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Review and interpret all digital chest X-rays (CXRs) assigned to her/him using the teleradiology web-application and DICOM viewer software, by correctly identifying radiological signs of TB and other incidental findings, and in accordance with the technical guidelines of the resettlement countries using the country specific X-ray reporting forms.
- Assess quality of chest radiographs to meet optimal diagnostic criteria and make sure that the quality of the images corresponds to the required standards. Request for repeat CXR when the CXR is suboptimal and appropriate additional view when additional views are needed.
- Assess CXR findings of follow-up radiographs of patients on anti-TB treatment, re-medicals, referrals and pre-departure medical screening (PDMS) CXRs and do comparison with previous CXR findings and report the change. If the previous CXR are not in the teleradiology PACS access them remotely to local PACS or request the clinic for the transfer of previous images digital or hard copy images as feasible.
- For Canada, Australia and New Zealand cases, submit the CXR reports to e-Medical websites correctly and timely on the same day.
- Properly use UKTB global web-application for timely reporting CXRs under UKTB immigrant program.
- When there is a need for further other imaging, recommend for further imaging using the system and discuss with the panel physician when needed.
- In coordination with the Regional Radiology Coordinator, participate and flexibly fit to the IOM radiologists working time schedule for the Teleradiology Centre according to the caseload and the timing of the missions, and respect to the assigned working the hours.
- Properly respond to queries from Panel physicians on the chest x-ray reports, reviewing the chest x-ray images, and explaining well the chest x-ray findings, and revise the chest x-ray reports accordingly if correction is needed.
- Coordinate with the Regional Radiology Coordinator and /or the National Migration radiologist officer for getting second opinion on CXR findings, for addressing process concerns in the unit and make any recommendation.
- Coordinate with the Teleradiology technical support and medical support staff for solving any technical issues and timely completion the reports of all the assigned chest CXRs
- Coordinate and guide the radiographers and the medical clerks in different country missions X-ray units for optimizing the CXR quality, timely smooth e-Medical completion, getting list of daily schedules and delivery of the reports. Likewise, cooperate for CXR related statistical works as needed.
- Ensure that the radiological reporting is fraud less. Participate in internal and external image quality and CXR reports quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) measures.
- Arrange and make sure back up service is secured when going on leave. If needed, assist in establishing and training backup local radiologists.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Medicine; and a minimum of 3 years post MMed diagnostic radiology experience;
- Specialist recognition in Radiology is a must;
- Kenya Medical Practitioners and dentists council current registration certificate;
- Experience on chest radiology; screening CXR reading, experience in paediatric radiology and teaching an advantage;
- Thorough knowledge radiological presentation of tuberculosis;
- Thorough knowledge of the English medical/radiological terminology;
- Experience and Knowledge in software used for Digital Radiography an advantage;
- Share days or shifts available for planning.
- Strong writing, communication and coordination skills;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of French; and/or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
How to apply
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees (Supervisors) and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
From: 10.05.2023 to 30.05.2023
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Business Support Assistant- Alkufrah at CTG
- Logistics Associate- Alkufrah at CTG
- Unaccompanied Children and Youth Legal Aid Program Volunteer Legal Advisors at St. Andrew’s Refugee Services
- Program Assistant at International Finance Corporation (IFC) – World Bank Group
- Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Operations) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)