Consultants for Quantification of Family Planning Commodities and Revision of Guidelines
Terms of Reference
1. Overview of PAC
PAC is an international non-profit organisation that provides medical relief and training worldwide. PAC aims to provide emergency health care, specialist equipment, medical supplies and services. It also seeks to advance the education of medical professionals and the general public through the provision of refresher training, educational programs, lectures and publications.
PAC has been operating in different regions of Somalia, including Banadir, Lower Shebelle, Lower Juba, Galgaduud, Nugaal and Bay. Currently, PAC is implementing CEmONC programme in three main hospitals in the capital city Mogadishu; Banadir, Daynile and De Martino Hospitals, in partnership with Federal Ministry of Health and UNFPA. PAC also provides BEmONC services integrated with nutrition services in different districts, including Afgoye and Kismaayo.
2. Scope of Work
Under the overall guidance of the Community RH/FP Project manager and RH Commodity Security (RHCS) coordinator, the quantification and forecasting international consultant will be hired to spearhead the process of quantification and forecasting of FP commodities and maternal live saving (MLS) medicines. S/he will build the capacity of program staff to carry out the Q&F process by facilitating a 5-day course, developing a user-friendly template for forecasting and quantification, and coming up with quantification and forecasting estimates for Somalia.
3. Major duties and responsibilities
- Desk review of documents relating to FP commodities, Inter-Agency RH kit 3, and MLS medicines: Consumption data, service utilisation data, program reports, commodity requisition and supply records and commodity targets.
- Development of inception report of the consultancy
- Prepare the quantification by collecting, organising and analysing available data
- Calculate forecasted consumption for each product
- Facilitate a forecasting and quantification course for core staff
- Reconcile forecasts to produce final estimates
- Develop a final report of the consultancy
4. Expected start and end dates: 01/11/2022 – 24 November 2022
- Inception report,
- Quantification tool with a user guideline,
- Training report,
- Final report of assignment, including Q&F details for FP&MLS.
Location of Training
Kigali and Mogadishu
14-18 November 2022,
- Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH), medical statistics or epidemiology or equivalent degree from a recognised University/College or equivalent experience;
- At least seven years of work experience in the management of information systems in large organisations or country level,
- Experience in Somalia or other conflict and post-conflict countries will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting and quantification of health commodities;
- Strong knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs in developing countries
How to apply
For those interested candidates, please send your CV and application to the Human Resource Office through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 PM on 15th November 2022 with the title Consultants for Quantification of Family Planning Commodities and Revision of Guidelines. Applications not bearing the requirements highlighted in this advert will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Late applications will not be considered.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Liberia Agribusiness Incubator Roadshow Facilitator, USAID Africa Trade and Investment Program at DAI Global
- Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Coordinator at Danish Refugee Council
- Project Officer at German Foundation for World Population
- Early Post Doctoral Researcher at Wellcome Trust
- Early Post Doctoral Researcher (Challenge Studies) at Wellcome Trust