‘‘A creative and dedicated leader with excellent experience coordinating content production”
Can’t Wait to Learn provides an effective and cost-efficient solution to close this education gap for millions of children around the world affected by conflict. It is a digital tablet-based innovation programme providing children access to quality education, in both formal school settings or inside their communities. It offers children the opportunity to (continue to) learn to read, write and count through a self-paced digital game, which is specifically created with the children to reflect their world and context. We work together with Ministries of Education to ensure that learning objectives are based on the national curricula. Children’s progress is monitored and used for further improvements of the programme.
In the midst of the humanitarian situation in Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine is looking for ways to develop quality education for grades 1-4 for children in Ukraine and outside of the country, for which it reached out to War Child Holland.
You are a dedicated leader with excellent experience coordinating a small content production team.
You will be responsible to coordinate the overall content production of the games for math and reading grades 1-4 for Ukraine in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
You will report directly to the Can’t Wait to Learn Ukraine Response Programme Manager. You will closely coordinate with the game development team in the Netherlands and the CWTL Ukraine Response Educational Specialist.
Leads content production of CWTL games for Ukrainian language context
· Demonstrate leadership and responsibility when coordinating the content development of the language and maths games for Ukraine.
· Ensure content is produced in line with curriculum of the Ministry of Education in the target country.
· Ensure instructional videos, audio recordings, and text-based content meets quality requirements in collaboration with the relevant educational specialist
· Recruit and manage writers, artists and editors.
Result: Content is produced in accordance with MoE curriculum
Ensure high quality content is approved by all stakeholders
· Ensure all content produced are in line to CWTL high quality standards
· Coordinate and ensure timely approval of content by all stakeholders
o Language and grammar
o Ministry of Education
Result: Content quality is safeguarded, approved by all relevant stakeholders, and delivered according to the agreed timeline for game production
Represent content perspective in the game development processes
· Develop together with the Product Owner, the educational specialist and the software developers, content concepts for serious games in order to achieve the targeted learning outcomes.
· Work with complex content management software and ensure that content is delivered in the right format
Results: Concepts for serious games are developed and relevant content is delivered and inserted in the software development database.
Develop and execute, in coordination with relevant stakeholders, continued improved content in already developed games
· Coordinate the improvement of already produced content in the current running games
· Identify and improve content coordination process of CWTL
· Build strategies for the improvement of the overall content production of CWTL
· Evaluate content and game production processes and identify areas for efficiency and improvements.
Result: Currently developed games are improved and the overall CWTL content development process is strategized and improved
Management of external consultants and contracts for writers, artists and editors
· Act as the programme focal point, including coordinate work timelines and deliverables, answer questions, solve bottlenecks
· Identify and lead the recruitment of suitable candidates for content production for new games
· Coordinate and monitor progress and quality with response team
Result: Writers, artist and editors are well managed and deliver results that meet the quality and quantity criteria
· Demonstrated experience in content development in both text and visual form including reading book websites and films
· Experience in project management of multidisciplinary teams
· Experience in recruiting team members, consultants and volunteers
· Ability to coordinate and build enthusiastic remote teams
· Results-focused with an ability to work towards objectives and meet tight deadlines with an eye for detail
· Affinity with and experience in technically focused programs. Understanding of game development is an advantage.
· Proven leadership and coordination skills
· Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
· Strong communication skills including presentation preparation and delivery.
· Affinity with War Child’s mandate, mission, and core values (Impact, Creativity, Inspiration and Integrity).
Depending on the duty station, local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the country’s salary scale and T&C will apply.
Location: any country where War Child Holland has its offices. The successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in that country. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Contract: War Child standardly offers a 1-year contract with the intention to prolong after that.
War Child is a dynamic organization. We keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with lots of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, with a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 4 May 2022. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter by using the following hyperlink:
N.B. War Child will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserves the right to close the vacancy if a successful candidate is identified prior to the deadline.
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Criminal Record Certificate and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.**
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.**
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.